Scooba 5800 not going into wash mode **SOLVED

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Scooba 5800 not going into wash mode **SOLVED

Postby beingguided » May 24th, 2019, 6:07 pm

How long does it take to go from prep mode to wash mode?
The scooba ran around the living room for 20 minutes prepping and then I accidentally pressed the clean button again and ran over to a corner and stopped. I turned it back on again and it prepped again for over 20 minutes and then the power button went red so I put it on the charger.
Last edited by beingguided on May 25th, 2019, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beingguided

Re: Scooba 5800 not going into wash mode

Postby vic7767 » May 24th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Don't believe the marketing hype. All modes run at the same time. If no water is being dispensed then the pump is defective or possibly a tube blocked.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Brett » May 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

beingguided wrote:... I accidentally pressed the clean button again and ran over to a corner and stopped ...

When you ran to the corner - what was the Scooba doing?!
(-8

What Ed said! The only "change" in actions is that when the clean tank is empty, the unit carries on doing the exact same thing, only not putting any more water down - I think they refer to this as a drying mode, as it can help to pick up (spread around?) any droplets left behind.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby beingguided » May 25th, 2019, 4:36 pm

ah ok this makes since then. When I first put the solution, the check tank light kept coming on. Then after a few tries , it would run just the sweeper. I already have a roomba, I don't need a sweeper. I'll try some of the tank troubleshooting. I thought them machine did a prep run and then started mopping.
@Brett... HAHA no the machine rolled on over to the corner and then died.
beingguided

Postby beingguided » May 25th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Figured it out. The pump needed to be primed. I bought a baby nasal aspirator and placed it over the solution valve. I forced air into the valve about 3 or 4 times, started a clean cycling and water came out... WOOT! Thanks for your help.
beingguided

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat