how to post pictures

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

how to post pictures

Postby rotorwash » June 8th, 2019, 8:59 am

I tried attachments why so difficult?
rotorwash
Robot Groupie

Re: how to post pictures

Postby George Jetson » June 8th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Where is the picture hosted rotorwash; on a local drive or the cloud? If I remember correctly, if it's hosted in the cloud, you have to post using the insert URL command.
Dave

Rosie (Retired): Trusty 560 with numerous mods and hacks - Adopted 12/2007
Rosie 2.0: Bone stock 960 - Adopted 09/2018
George Jetson
Robot Groupie

Postby glnc222 » June 8th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Wherever your original picture is stored, you can upload a copy to this forum's server in the posting editor page, for storage there, or you can put an image reference url (Img not url), to the location of the picture on other systems, provided they can be accessed (especially used within the forum for cross posting between threads). I tend to reduce the resolution of uploaded photos, say to 1024x768 HD format or less, just to make viewers access run faster, as well as saving space. There are some restrictions see the forum rules.
Only very short videos can be stored here for space limitations and they are usually handled by referencing them stored on YouTube or similar.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby rotorwash » June 8th, 2019, 8:46 pm

George Jetson wrote:Where is the picture hosted rotorwash; on a local drive or the cloud? If I remember correctly, if it's hosted in the cloud, you have to post using the insert URL command.

posted on my drive. I don't know I used to be able to hit attachments add file and done. now every time I try it doesn't work.
rotorwash
Robot Groupie

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat