ROOMBA 980 loud brush on bare floor

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

ROOMBA 980 loud brush on bare floor

Postby luckyvacuum » June 11th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Hi
This roomba has an odd problem it came in with noise in the brush roll, I cleaned the gears and put a small amount of grease in. The noise went away, but on the bare floor it comes back, This unit uses the grey roller bars. I am sure the noise comes from the brushes, I can only guess that the gears have some sort of unseen wear. Changing the whole assembly did cure the problem but that was from another person's Roomba.
luckyvacuum

Re: ROOMBA 980 loud brush on bare floor

Postby leonicholson » June 11th, 2019, 7:20 pm

I would suspect the extractors (brushes) are off-size. The clearance is critical with the newer models, as they depend more upon suction than the older bristle models.
leonicholson
Robot Addict

Re: ROOMBA 980 loud brush on bare floor

Postby luckyvacuum » June 12th, 2019, 3:21 pm

As I had said I have another to experiment with, I wonder if the brush guard could be touching the rollers, after all on the carpet probably pushes the roller up away from the guard.
What has got really stumped is a neato vac, I posted on the neato chat,
Thanks I wasn't thinking extractors, the noise I get is a rachet sound,
luckyvacuum

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat