i7 Loud Side Brush

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

i7 Loud Side Brush

Postby Redraider3403 » June 15th, 2019, 5:05 pm

New i7+ owner...purchased an S9 and it couldn't handle the carpet in my Master Bedroom. The side brush motor on my i7 seems really loud (almost a whining sound). When turning, the brush shuts off and the vacuum is very quiet. I actually returned the first i7 I bought because I thought something was wrong. Now the 2nd unit is the exact same. Is this normal?
Redraider3403

Re: i7 Loud Side Brush

Postby vic7767 » June 15th, 2019, 8:55 pm

High carpet may be causing the side brush motor to expend greater than normal operating current. This may lead to higher noise levels. Some navigation moves by the i7 will temporarily turn off cleaning motors.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: i7 Loud Side Brush

Postby Transammatt » July 8th, 2019, 10:13 pm

[quote="Redraider3403"]New i7+ owner...purchased an S9 and it couldn't handle the carpet in my Master Bedroom. The side brush motor on my i7 seems really loud (almost a whining sound). When turning, the brush shuts off and the vacuum is very quiet. I actually returned the first i7 I bought because I thought something was wrong. Now the 2nd unit is the exact same. Is this normal?
[/quote
Hello I had to send my s9 back too, for the same thing it would not move on my thicker carpet in my master bed room. I reordered the i7+. What a shame that the s9 cleaned my medium sized bed room in 3 hours and it still was not done! I had to go to bed so I ended the job.
Transammatt

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat