iRobot Roomba i7+ Software 2.6.13 Issue

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

iRobot Roomba i7+ Software 2.6.13 Issue

Postby bsfreem » July 7th, 2019, 2:06 pm

My Roomba i7+ has been operating great with no issues. However, when the software was recently updated (July 5, 2019 to be exact), it has not been the same. It gets stuck undocking from the base. If it does undock successfully, then it will just spin endlessly. If it so happens not to spin, it will only go straight until it hits something and/or continuously go backwards. I called iRobot and the issue is escalated after a few failed attempts at troubleshooting. They had me reboot it and then take the battery out. Neither resolved the issue. I believe there's a glitch in the software update. I have checked all wheels for debris and found nothing. I just want to warn all i7 plus owners of this issue when updating to software version 2.6.13. Please let me know if you are experiencing these same issues. I just want my Roomba to function normally again. I paid too much money for these types of issues.
bsfreem

Re: iRobot Roomba i7+ Software 2.6.13 Issue

Postby leonicholson » July 7th, 2019, 2:24 pm

I've gotten quite leery of products that are released requiring immediate online patches. Kinda like the last updates of Windows 10. I just wait awhile to see how it all sorts out before purchasing. That said, thanks for the heads up.
Last edited by leonicholson on July 7th, 2019, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leonicholson
Robot Addict

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 7th, 2019, 4:06 pm

bsfreem wrote:My Roomba i7+ has been operating great with no issues. However, when the software was recently updated (July 5, 2019 to be exact), it has not been the same. It gets stuck undocking from the base. If it does undock successfully, then it will just spin endlessly. If it so happens not to spin, it will only go straight until it hits something and/or continuously go backwards. I called iRobot and the issue is escalated after a few failed attempts at troubleshooting. They had me reboot it and then take the battery out. Neither resolved the issue. I believe there's a glitch in the software update. I have checked all wheels for debris and found nothing. I just want to warn all i7 plus owners of this issue when updating to software version 2.6.13. Please let me know if you are experiencing these same issues. I just want my Roomba to function normally again. I paid too much money for these types of issues.
What does Settings-> About Clean Base show for software version? It should be 2.0.5 and if not, complete these steps:

Unplug the clean base for several minutes and reboot the i7 (hold down clean for ten to twelve seconds) and then plug in the clean base and let the i7 sit and not clean until the clean base has been upgraded to 2.0.5.
BoxerBoi76

Postby bsfreem » July 7th, 2019, 9:18 pm

I do not see Settings > About Clean base when I open the iRobot app. The only option close to that is Settings > About Roomba. My Robot Software is 2.6.13. I can't find the Clean Base software version in the app. However, I did try the steps you provided, and the Roomba still does the same thing - undocks and then just spins in circles. I then get "Error 19 Undocking problem. Clear obstacles, then press CLEAN." This is weird since it did undock and just spins.
bsfreem

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 8th, 2019, 6:29 am

bsfreem wrote:I do not see Settings > About Clean base when I open the iRobot app. The only option close to that is Settings > About Roomba. My Robot Software is 2.6.13. I can't find the Clean Base software version in the app. However, I did try the steps you provided, and the Roomba still does the same thing - undocks and then just spins in circles. I then get "Error 19 Undocking problem. Clear obstacles, then press CLEAN." This is weird since it did undock and just spins.
iRobot app-> More-> Settings-> About Clean Base takes a moment to load and display - you do have the clean base correct or the smaller dock?

If you have the smaller dock, complete the same steps to unplug it and wait several minutes, reboot the i7 and the plug the small dock back in.

If none of this works, you’ll have to call iRobot support.
BoxerBoi76

Postby bsfreem » July 8th, 2019, 7:33 am

I found it. It says Clean Base Software 2.0.5.
bsfreem

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 8th, 2019, 7:08 pm

bsfreem wrote:I found it. It says Clean Base Software 2.0.5.
You may have to call support. They may have you pull the battery, wait a few minutes and then add it back and test again.
BoxerBoi76

Postby bsfreem » July 8th, 2019, 7:13 pm

They already made me do that with no luck. I just contacted QVC and I'm going to exchange it. Thanks.
bsfreem

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 12th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Anyone’s i7 acting as if it received a firmware update?

Twice since receiving 2.6.13, I’ve noticed the ring around the clean button light up white and animate for about 30 seconds and then do a chime just like it was rebooted.

The second occurrence happened about 15 minutes ago yet the home app still indicates it has 2.6.13.

Could the i7 be crashing and rebooting or are they pushing out a silent update to fix something?
BoxerBoi76

Postby Transammatt » July 12th, 2019, 5:24 pm

So I just got home. So my app still shows 1.6.6. Just got the i7 yesterday after returning the s9. After adding robot to the app it said there was a update, after update it says your up to date with 1.6.6. I really want at least 2.0.9 for the better mapping before I send it out on it’s first training run. I reset the robot and home base in hopes the update will come tonight?
Transammatt

Postby Transammatt » July 13th, 2019, 8:10 am

Are they still rolling out 2.6.13? I hear there is a big problem. Customer service is beating around the bush and not giving direct answers.what software version are you guys on?
Transammatt

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 13th, 2019, 8:10 am

Transammatt wrote:So I just got home. So my app still shows 1.6.6. Just got the i7 yesterday after returning the s9. After adding robot to the app it said there was a update, after update it says your up to date with 1.6.6. I really want at least 2.0.9 for the better mapping before I send it out on it’s first training run. I reset the robot and home base in hopes the update will come tonight?
You're going to have to call them and ask for 2.6.13.
BoxerBoi76

Postby bounceswoosh » July 17th, 2019, 12:04 pm

I have had the exact same issue with my Roomba, with spinning, docking errors after leaving the station, seemingly rebooting itself ... Have tried rebooting, removing battery, moving docking station ... To no avail. I'm pretty sure there's actually no way to fix this until they push a new update. Would love to be proven wrong. The way it behaves, I actually wonder if it thinks it's backwards- that its front is its back.
bounceswoosh

Postby Transammatt » July 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Guys please update on this thread when a new update gets pushed through. I’m still on 1.6.6 what gives?
Transammatt

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 17th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Transammatt wrote:Guys please update on this thread when a new update gets pushed through. I’m still on 1.6.6 what gives?
Nothing is preventing you from calling iRobot support and asking to have 2.0.9 deployed to your i7 as I suggested previously (2.6.13 previously).
BoxerBoi76

Postby marquesalan » July 17th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Why do you have to call to have it deployed? It should automatically install recent updates like your phone or any other computer peripherals. I having been waiting 5 months and I’m running software from February 14. Maybe my robot can’t install updates. I’ll give it 2 more months and then I’m returning it for a new one.
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Postby bounceswoosh » July 17th, 2019, 7:11 pm

marquesalan wrote:Why do you have to call to have it deployed? It should automatically install recent updates like your phone or any other computer peripherals. I having been waiting 5 months and I’m running software from February 14. Maybe my robot can’t install updates. I’ll give it 2 more months and then I’m returning it for a new one.

In this case, you don't WANT the latest. The point was that you can request to have an older version of the software deployed to fix the "spinning in place" issue.
bounceswoosh

Postby BoxerBoi76 » July 17th, 2019, 8:41 pm

bounceswoosh wrote:
marquesalan wrote:Why do you have to call to have it deployed? It should automatically install recent updates like your phone or any other computer peripherals. I having been waiting 5 months and I’m running software from February 14. Maybe my robot can’t install updates. I’ll give it 2 more months and then I’m returning it for a new one.

In this case, you don't WANT the latest. The point was that you can request to have an older version of the software deployed to fix the "spinning in place" issue.
2.0.9 is not the latest i7 firmware, 2.6.13 is.

2.0.9 is a huge improvement over 1.6.6. I had it deployed to both of my i7’s and they finally began to function properly. For me, 2.6.13 was also a big improvement as I’ve not had the issues others have had with it.
BoxerBoi76

Postby Transammatt » July 17th, 2019, 9:30 pm

BoxerBoi76 wrote:
Transammatt wrote:Guys please update on this thread when a new update gets pushed through. I’m still on 1.6.6 what gives?
Nothing is preventing you from calling iRobot support and asking to have 2.0.9 deployed to your i7 as I suggested previously (2.6.13 previously).

I have done the twice they will not help me. I even told them I know it can be done. They say they are Releasing it in batches. My brother got it a few days ago and he can care less.
Transammatt

Postby jdong » July 17th, 2019, 9:41 pm

BoxerBoi76 wrote:

You definitely got lucky. I have two i7’s under different accounts and tried to do this with both. Refused both times to push anything newer than 1.6.6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdong
Robot Addict

Next

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat