How do you disassemble the home base

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

How do you disassemble the home base

Postby Mooba » April 11th, 2006, 9:20 am

Does anyone have any instructions on how to disassemble a home base? The roomba does not charge on this one but does on our other homebases. I would like to take it apart to see if anything is obvious but do not see any easy way to do so. I am hesitant to just yank it apart after removing the visible screws fearing I'm missing something.
Mooba - an original RoomBud and co-founder of myRoomBud.com

If you don't dress up your Roomba, it's just a naked vacuum.
Mooba
RoomBudder

Home base

Postby IndyGuy » April 11th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Perhaps this thread will help:

http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewto ... t=homebase

Good Luck! :D
IndyGuy
Robot Addict

Postby IndyGuy » April 11th, 2006, 3:11 pm

well i read thru the thread a little better, it does not actually address your question of taking the homebase apart. It just talks about the motherboard once you're inside the base. ummmm, sorry. :(
IndyGuy
Robot Addict

Re: How do you disassemble the home base

Postby Gordon » April 11th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Mooba wrote:Does anyone have any instructions on how to disassemble a home base?...I am hesitant to just yank it apart after removing the visible screws fearing I'm missing something.
In addition to the four obvious screws, you must take out two burried under the rear feet.
Even then, un-snapping & re-snapping the cover wrt the main housing is a bit of a fiddle! That means, a bit of controlled-yanking may be needed.
Gordon
Robot Master

Postby jubrand » July 18th, 2009, 12:28 pm

One more question.....how do you get the flat plate on the bottom off? One of my contacts is sticking so the roomba won't charge. I took the back apart, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the contacts from back there. I'm afraid to just try to pry the plate off, but I don't see anymore screws.
jubrand

Postby Gordon » July 18th, 2009, 1:22 pm

jubrand wrote:....how do you get the flat plate on the bottom off? ... I don't see anymore screws.
Find four each, 10mm dia, x 0.5mm thick, foot-pads on that bottom plate. Under each pad you will find a screw that needs to be removed.

The foot-pads may be self-adhering and can be peeled off like sticky-tape, or they may be spot-bonded in place with RTV-silicone adhesive. I have forgotten which it is, but do see silicone-elastomer residue on the sample at hand.

For sticky-tape like adhesive
Hint-1: A little heat applied with a hot-air gun will help release the adhesive, allowing easy removal of the pads.
Hint-2: Prepare yourself with a safe surface on which to temporarily store the removed pads. I use either waxed-paper, or the backing sheet on which postage stamps are kept.

For silicone-adhesive bonding, you will just have to knife under the pads to get them off; and, re-apply adhesive when replacing them.
Gordon
Robot Master

Postby jubrand » July 18th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Excellent, thanks!
jubrand

Postby burkegarfield » April 20th, 2017, 11:39 am

Info does not match my charging base. I have only two screws and under strip at rear there are 2 slots
burkegarfield

Postby vic7767 » April 20th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Home base disassembly is dependent upon the Roomba model and the home base accessory used with it. Many different styles will produce many different disassembly instructions. Which one do you have?
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat