Where to find the best prices on Roomba and Scooba robots

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba Deal

Postby Jeff » May 23rd, 2004, 7:36 pm

Kohl's has the Roomba on sale for 199. Plus if you use your Kohl's charge you get an additional 15, 20, or 30% off depening on the scratch off you get.
Jeff

kohl's

Postby badtzjunk » May 25th, 2004, 2:41 am

is the one at kohl's the Pro Elite?
badtzjunk

Re: Hammacher deal

Postby Jeff382 » June 2nd, 2004, 3:09 pm

Mac82FL wrote:I am trying to order the Roomba Pro Elite through the above mentioned website but when I enter the 198715 code and go to checkout it still charges the shipping fee. Any idea's what the problem might be. Or if there is a new updated code??? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I had this problem too. It seems you can't copy and paste the code into the box. When I typed the code in manually I got free shipping!
Jeff382

eCost deal on roomba pro elite

Postby aah111 » June 6th, 2004, 1:51 pm

I just ordered a Roomba Pro Elite from eCost for $194.95. This price includes free UPS ground shipping. There are only a few left at this price though.

I used Froogle to find the best price. :D

-Alan
aah111

Postby Guest » June 24th, 2004, 1:15 am

I picked up an original Roomba today for $97 + tax at my local Best Buy.

They were on clearance, so I don't know if this is nationwide, but if anyone is near Grapevine, TX, make a trip. They had 5 left this afternoon.

Best Buy is located off of 114, I think its exit 26 (26 is the crossroad, not the exit #)

Postby Sammy » June 24th, 2004, 1:47 am

Anonymous wrote:I picked up an original Roomba today for $97 + tax at my local Best Buy.

They were on clearance, so I don't know if this is nationwide, but if anyone is near Grapevine, TX, make a trip. They had 5 left this afternoon.

Best Buy is located off of 114, I think its exit 26 (26 is the crossroad, not the exit #)

Yeah, these are on clearance at all BestBuy's nationwide.

I posted about it in this post, but iit's nice to see other's are still getting in on the deal!

Sammy
Sammy
Deal Master

ROOMBA DISCOVERY

Postby CROADES@COX.NET » July 24th, 2004, 10:08 pm

sharperimage.com is now doing $50 off a $250 order. The Roomba Discovery is $249.99 - $50 + shipping = $227.90
CROADES@COX.NET

Roomba 4105 Intelligent

Postby Guest » July 25th, 2004, 1:46 pm

I just bought a Roomba 4105 Intelligent, Sage for a total of $174.99 at Amazon.com.
The list price is $199.99 but they are offering a $25.00 discount by using a promotional code (see website).
Also by opting for their "Super Saver Shipping" there is no shipping charge.Takes a little longer to ship but well worth the wait.
The Roomba carries a 1 year warranty but by using my my Visa card I have doubled my warranty period.
Looking forward to using my little robot!

Postby pdagal » August 7th, 2004, 11:53 pm

Did you receive yours from Amazon? I ordered one from them about two weeks ago when it said 2-3 day delivery and used the coupon you mentioned. Then the changed the status of the new Discoveries to "pre-order, shipping Sept. 15th" and I gave up and cancelled the order. I got one from Sharperimage.com instead, and it's already arrived :).
pdagal

Sharper Image Stores have Discovery

Postby MistyMorning » August 9th, 2004, 6:38 pm

I got my Discovery at the Sharper Image store today. (Montgomery Mall, Bethesda, Maryland) They had 7 in stock. I cancelled my order from irobot. They still list the Discovery as Pre Order, and the Discovery SE as not available until August 15th.

I really think they should send out the direct orders they get first. Perhaps not as profitable, but we are the ones spreading the word on how great they are. (Actually, mine is still charging)
MistyMorning
Founding Member

I agree...

Postby SimonBirchNYC » August 11th, 2004, 5:17 pm

with Misty on that. iRobot should reward early adopters/pre-order customers! If an iRobot employee reads this, please forward to the appropriate department in your company. Thank you.

Almost ran out to Sharper Image to pick one up today (thanks for the heads up Misty), but I decided to wait a few days and pick it up from Hammacher Schlemmer instead (so I can get their excellent Lifetime Warranty). Even if I pay, let's say $50 more than at another retailer, I factor in the lifetime warranty and it's a better deal. After hearing about first-generation Roomba owners' stories, I feel that this is the way to go (if u have the willpower to wait, that is! :) )
SimonBirchNYC

RMBRVW didn't work!

Postby rttrek » September 21st, 2004, 7:14 pm

I just ordered an SE through Hammacher Schlemmer using the catalog code of RMBRVW, as directed in the top post of this thread. It insisted on listing the S&S as $21.95 all the way through! :evil:

Even my confirmation email says "estimated S&S $21.95".

Should this get corrected later? Is the code expired?

:cry:
rttrek
Founding Member

Postby robotreviews » September 21st, 2004, 9:23 pm

No, I just verified that the code is still working, but for it to work you should see the discount at checkout.

The code is RMBREV, not RMBRVW, so make sure that you type it correctly. Also some people have had problems when they cut and paste the code, so you may have to type it in directly, using all CAPS.

If the code did not show up at checkout I would suggest that you cancel the order and then resubmit it. When the code is accepted, you should see this on your "Order Review and Payment" page:

Estimated S&S Total: FREE

If not, go back and retype the code again. If typed correctly, it will go through.

Hope this helps!
Craig
robotreviews
Chief Robot

Postby rttrek » September 21st, 2004, 11:33 pm

Yep, I'm sure that was my problem. Thanks.
rttrek
Founding Member

Postby Guest » September 28th, 2004, 1:41 am

roombareview wrote:No, I just verified that the code is still working, but for it to work you should see the discount at checkout.

The code is RMBREV, not RMBRVW, so make sure that you type it correctly. Also some people have had problems when they cut and paste the code, so you may have to type it in directly, using all CAPS.

If the code did not show up at checkout I would suggest that you cancel the order and then resubmit it. When the code is accepted, you should see this on your "Order Review and Payment" page:

If not, go back and retype the code again. If typed correctly, it will go through.

Hope this helps!
Craig

Does the code apply to accessories as well (a fast charger and extra battery)?

No more Pro Elite free shipping at Hammacher Schlemmer?

Postby Visitor » September 28th, 2004, 1:54 am

Craig,

THe 198715 code for free shipping at Hammacher Schlemmer no longer works for the Pro Elite?

roombareview wrote:No, I just verified that the code is still working, but for it to work you should see the discount at checkout.

Hope this helps!
Craig
Visitor

Postby robotreviews » September 28th, 2004, 8:15 pm

Yes, the 198715 free shipping code for the Pro Elite appears to be expired. It has been replaced with the code VISAWB.

Either way, the Roomba Pro Elite no longer represents a good value at its current price. The new Discovery line is a much better value at the same or lower price.

Craig
robotreviews
Chief Robot

Postby ex-Discovery owner » September 28th, 2004, 9:23 pm

roombareview wrote:Yes, the 198715 free shipping code for the Pro Elite appears to be expired. It has been replaced with the code VISAWB.

Either way, the Roomba Pro Elite no longer represents a good value at its current price. The new Discovery line is a much better value at the same or lower price.

Craig

Yeah it does look like a better value, except that I plan on returning my Discovery due to some problems. It gets stuck more frequently than the Pro Elite, and the front wheel is harder to clean, the yellow bushing on the main brush melted (lots of pet hair accumulated behind it), plus some screws fell out. Must be my bad luck, but some of my problems have been reported by others too (getting stuck).
ex-Discovery owner

Postby robotreviews » September 28th, 2004, 10:20 pm

ex-Discovery owner wrote:
Yeah it does look like a better value, except that I plan on returning my Discovery due to some problems. It gets stuck more frequently than the Pro Elite, and the front wheel is harder to clean, the yellow bushing on the main brush melted (lots of pet hair accumulated behind it), plus some screws fell out. Must be my bad luck, but some of my problems have been reported by others too (getting stuck).

Wow, sorry to hear that. If you did buy the Discovery from Hammacher I would suggest you try to see if you have better luck with a replacement Discovery before you switch to the Pro Elite though. I've used both models thoroughly, including two of the new models, and I haven't experienced any of the heat related issues that a few people have had. It seems that some people have a problem with the battery becoming very, very hot during charging, causing the melting problems that you are describing, but this is not normal behavior for the Discovery and it is a result of a defective unit (or battery), not a design flaw.

The only issue that I have witnessed first hand is the Discovery getting trapped. It would seem that iRobot tried to improve the method in which the Roomba Discovery tries to extricate itself when it becomes trapped and in doing so may have actually resulted in certain situations where it gets stuck where the previous model would not. Hopefully this is something that they address in later firmware revisions, and I'll try to find out if iRobot has any comment on the problem.

Even still, the improvements FAR outweigh the negatives and I haven't touched my Pro Elite since I received the new model. I would guess that in the coming months the Pro Elite should start to become heavily discounted, so if you really prefer to get the older model the prices should start to drop dramatically as the new models start to ship in volume.

Let us know how it turns out!
Craig
robotreviews
Chief Robot

Postby Guest » September 29th, 2004, 1:33 am

roombareview wrote:
Even still, the improvements FAR outweigh the negatives and I haven't touched my Pro Elite since I received the new model. I would guess that in the coming months the Pro Elite should start to become heavily discounted, so if you really prefer to get the older model the prices should start to drop dramatically as the new models start to ship in volume.

Let us know how it turns out!
Craig

This might be getting off-topic... but do you have a dog with long hair (i.e., golden retriever)? My dog's hair gets stuck along the axis of the front wheel and it takes so much time to pull them out using a pair of needlenose pliers. In the Pro Elite I could push the axis pin from each side of the wheel to allow me to easily pull out the hair.

And, her hair accumulates between the end of the main brush and the yellow bushing. I think that caused friction which made the bushing melt! And it isn't as if I did not clean it for a long time, maybe just 2 days worth of vacuuming.

IRobot really could have done a tremendous job with the Discovery. Although there are many plusses I think they blew a golden opportunity. Maybe the next version would address these. How about we campaign for members of this board to be beta testers?

PreviousNext

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat