Where to find the best prices on Roomba and Scooba robots

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Postby robotreviews » September 29th, 2004, 1:54 am

Anonymous wrote:
roombareview wrote:
Even still, the improvements FAR outweigh the negatives and I haven't touched my Pro Elite since I received the new model. I would guess that in the coming months the Pro Elite should start to become heavily discounted, so if you really prefer to get the older model the prices should start to drop dramatically as the new models start to ship in volume.

Let us know how it turns out!
Craig

This might be getting off-topic... but do you have a dog with long hair (i.e., golden retriever)? My dog's hair gets stuck along the axis of the front wheel and it takes so much time to pull them out using a pair of needlenose pliers. In the Pro Elite I could push the axis pin from each side of the wheel to allow me to easily pull out the hair.

And, her hair accumulates between the end of the main brush and the yellow bushing. I think that caused friction which made the bushing melt! And it isn't as if I did not clean it for a long time, maybe just 2 days worth of vacuuming.

IRobot really could have done a tremendous job with the Discovery. Although there are many plusses I think they blew a golden opportunity. Maybe the next version would address these. How about we campaign for members of this board to be beta testers?

No dog, but I have cats that shed ALOT. Never had hair accumulate in the front wheel on any model though, so I would assume that your dogs hair is obviously much longer and thicker than the fur that I pick up..

Still, I compared the front wheel on all of my Roombas and they appear identical to me. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow so you can let us know if yours looks any different.

As for the beta testing, that's a very good idea. I would expect that there won't be any new models until at least next Christmas, but it couldn't hurt to ask! I know that iRobot if one of the few companies that really does read the message boards and does take into consideration all of the comments that their users have so you never know.

Craig
robotreviews
Chief Robot

99.99 Deal at BigLots on Original Roomba

Postby mredub » October 3rd, 2004, 11:21 am

BigLots has the original Roomba with 2 virtual walls for 99.99.
Dont know if these are refurbs...but the price of the battery and virtual walls justifies spending the money....

I bought one just for the accessories......
mredub

ROOMBA SALE

Postby ALEX » October 26th, 2004, 3:46 pm

I JUST PURCHASED A ROOMBA VACUUM AT TARGET FOR $99.98!!! HALF PRICE FOR THE BASIC MODEL!!!
ALEX

Postby Debbie » October 26th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Supposedly, some Targets have the original Roomba on clearance for $49.98 also.

So, RUN to your nearest Target!!

deb
Debbie

Postby PeterH » October 28th, 2004, 11:31 pm

My dog's hair gets stuck along the axis of the front wheel and it takes so much time to pull them out using a pair of needlenose pliers.

And, her hair accumulates between the end of the main brush and the yellow bushing. I think that caused friction which made the bushing melt!

Our dog has fairly long hair, and after every clean I have to remove it from the brush and flap-wheel bushing (i.e. the two brush-wheel things in the cradle). Getting it from around the bushing is very awkward to do, even with the tool they provide. But I figure I won't need to do this so frequently after the first few times I run it over a given room.

The impressive thing is, the floor looks clean before my Discovery even starts but, after the cycle, there's a bin full of hair and dust...
PeterH

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2004, 11:20 am

I ordered Discovery SE from Hammacher 10/4/04 due to free shipping and lifetime warranty, was quoted ship by 10/22/04, customer service today replied 'still waiting for new shipment to arrive, once got it and will ship to you in 24-48 hrs'. In other words, they don't know when. What a waiting game.

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2004, 6:33 am

I ordered Discovery SE from Hammacher 10/4/04 due to free shipping and lifetime warranty, was quoted ship by 10/22/04, customer service today replied 'still waiting for new shipment to arrive, once got it and will ship to you in 24-48 hrs'. In other words, they don't know when. What a waiting game.

NO WAY!!!

The exact same thing is happening to me at the very moment, only that I ordered even earlier, I believe... :(

H&S sucks, I will NEVER buy from them again... Could have had a Roomba for MONTHS now, if they wouldn't have held onto my credit-card receipt and basically force me to stand by my purchase...

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2004, 7:15 pm

Sigh, me three. I ordered Oct 3 and now I?ve been pushed to Nov 12. I hope the Hammacher Roombas have gotten past the Port of Long Beach bottleneck http://www.polb.com/html/2_community/faq1.html

I didn?t mind that there was an original backorder date, but it?s been years since I?ve had an order pushed out like this.

Amazon coupon code

Postby MATH4LUCK » November 7th, 2004, 4:58 pm

I tried to order the Roomba 4105 (green) from the Best Price link on this web. When I put in the coupon code AMZKHBBEVENT Amazon told me it was invalid. I tried it several times, both caps and not caps, last night and this morning. Has it been changed? Expiration date of code was supposed to be 11/14/04. If not, where is the current best price located? Thanks
MATH4LUCK

Postby robotreviews » November 7th, 2004, 6:00 pm

It would appear that the Roomba (sage) is temorarily out of stock at Amazon.com, and the link is now redirecting to the inventory at Target.com. (Target.com is hosted by Amazon.)

Unfortunately, Amazon coupons will not work for purchases from Target.

If you look on the right side of the screen, below "More buying choices", you should see the button that will allow you to order the item directly from Amazon. If you use that button, you will be able to apply the coupon and receive the Roomba (sage) for $175 delivered.
robotreviews
Chief Robot

Postby robotreviews » November 12th, 2004, 4:52 pm

FYI, I just got word that all backorders were finally shipped this week from Hammacher Schlemmer.
robotreviews
Chief Robot

Roomba Red at Amazon

Postby surferdoc » November 15th, 2004, 11:36 pm

Thanks for the tip on Amazons promotional code. Ordered the Roomba Red for $124.99 total. :D
surferdoc

Postby jonvall » November 22nd, 2004, 10:40 pm

I ordered a Roomba SE from H&S and put the free shipping code in the shipping choice box. They charged me shipping though and said that due to the $75.00 discount from using the H&S credit card I have to pay shipping. Has anyone else run into this?
jonvall
Founding Member

better priced roomba

Postby Guest » November 26th, 2004, 12:31 am

all models.

[url=http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1333050-10273764?url=http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/search/search.asp?Search=roomba&NavID_Search=false&CurDSN=simple&calledfrom=1&incimage=on]http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/search/search.asp?Search=roomba&NavID_Search=false&CurDSN=simple&calledfrom=1&incimage=on
:lol:[/url]

Discovery

Postby Guest » December 2nd, 2004, 12:50 pm

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=475822

Discovery 199.99 on ecost.com. This is not SE it does not come with charging wall mount, if you don't mind and leave it to its docking station for recharge. Enter 'Roomba' on the search box. It also has refurbished for $99.99

Great Price

Postby guest » December 3rd, 2004, 11:28 am

From what I can tell (no expert), this is the sage model on HSN:
http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=1911975&sz=0&cat=&dept=&sf=&gs=&subcat=&attr=&o=-RI

It comes with 6 filters, wall mount (didn't see it in the picture), fast charger, and a remote!

Shipping was free.

If you use this coupon code: HSN4181, first time buyers get another 15% off.

I just ordered one, my total was $164.90.

(someone please tell me if this wasn't a good deal, I had one on order at amazon and cancelled it to make this.

Postby JJ » December 3rd, 2004, 1:35 pm

Yup, that's the Roomba Sage.

It's a great deal at that price. Keep in mind that the $15 new customer coupon code HSN4181 expires this Sunday, December 5th though.
JJ

Postby ced1106 » December 5th, 2004, 5:19 am

Thanks for the review. I wasn't sure from the iRobot site what the differences were among the New Roomba models. I just picked up a Roomba Discovery (and wrote a review on my geek board, RPG.net :D from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They have a "20% off one item" coupon, so it was $250 - $50 = $200. I also appreciate reading that the Discover will dock when it runs low on power, not necessarily when it has completely vacuumed. While I have a one-bedroom apartment, I'm test-driving the Roomba as a gift to the parents, and they'll appreciate any tips I can give them.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
ced1106

roomba se

Postby djs » December 5th, 2004, 8:28 pm

I went to the site and you were right they do give you a $25.00 credit for shipping but by the time they tax you, it's no different than going to a local store and buying it...same cost in the long run. I bought mine at Brookstone today, the newest model Discovery SE 269.95
djs

Re: Roomba Deal

Postby djs » December 5th, 2004, 8:30 pm

Jeff wrote:Kohl's has the Roomba on sale for 199. Plus if you use your Kohl's charge you get an additional 15, 20, or 30% off depening on the scratch off you get.

The newest model is the discovery se @ $269.95...works better than previous models.
djs

PreviousNext

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat