what did you name your roomba?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Postby echovancouver » July 21st, 2008, 4:58 pm

We have one, EVA, and already have names picked out for the two more we're planning on buying:

EVA (named after WALL-E's girlfriend). Also Stands for Edna's Vacuuming Assistant

Dewey (the second robot in Silent Running)

And Nexus 3 ... as in, the precursor to Nexus 5 replicants that go berserk in Blade Runner..

-huge geeks
echovancouver

Postby donnamatrix » July 21st, 2008, 5:54 pm

Theobald. Patron Saint of cleaning churches.

I'm not religious, I just like naming things after saints.

My partner keeps referring to him as a "she". I protest. Theobald is MOST CERTAINLY a boy.

He was almost named Robert, after Robert Patrick (played the T-1000 in Terminator 2 -- my favorite robot!) but was convinced that having a robot named Robby would bring my relationship to a quick end. Bah. :)
donnamatrix

Postby longhair » July 21st, 2008, 9:07 pm

Our grey/black 550 is Robocop. His white mate 510 is Li'l Sis.

Haven't decided who our new Dirt Dog is.

The Scooba doesn't seem to rate a name (yet).
longhair
Robot Groupie

Postby Baralheia » July 22nd, 2008, 1:54 am

I wasn't originally going to name my Roomba. My roommates even gave me grief about the possibility of giving the thing a name! It wasn't long, however, until one of the same roommates christened it John Gosincyrcles, after one of the wheel modules gave out and John could only circle around himself. The name stuck - especially once the other wheel module gave out too!
Baralheia

Roombie becomes Doris....

Postby 127donut » July 22nd, 2008, 7:31 am

I reported last year that our new 560 was definitely a 'he' and was called 'Roombie'.

Following the daughter-and-friends-making-pizza-dough-and-Roombie-cleaning-up episode, her friends became obsessed with poor old Roombie and decided that 'he' was in fact a 'she' and that she was called Doris.

The name Doris has definitely stuck, but we all still refer to Doris as 'he' - maybe on acocunt of his rather masculine chunky black and silver styling?

Is Doris the only sex-change Roomba out there???

It was daughters birthday earlier this month. What did she want...a new phone, new ipod, money for clothes....no, a Roomba of her very own.
So, Doris now has a friend - Dolores, who resides under daughters bedside table and seems to be thriving on a diet of discarded socks and bra straps.
and how do we tell the difference between two 560s? ....Doris has the original rubber bumper extension fitted and Dolores is the new sleek extension-less version. Extensive testing by 7-year-old son has detected no discernable difference in the perfomance of the two versions!
127donut

Name?

Postby Jambi » July 24th, 2008, 6:56 pm

The moment I took him (570) out of the box, saw the result of the first mission and the fact I could do something ELSE while hoovering (hehehe), I hugged him and kissed and called him:

Jambi.

"Way to go, JummmmmmmmmmbEE!"
Jambi

Postby angelrob » July 25th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Duf wrote:I think I will name my troublesome 535 Sh*thead.....

:wink:

LOL! This makes me think of a friend who teaches in a city elementary school. Sometimes the names of kids on her printed list?! :oops: ... Well, she just asks them how to pronounce rather than embarrass herself and potentially them. One young girl, when asked how to pronounce her name, replied Sha-theed' (yes, it was spelled as above without the "*"!) :shock:
Robbin, Nessie (German Shepherd Dog, GEB guide dog pup in pre-training), Paxton (Black Lab, Pet Assisted Therapy dog), cats Washington & Moses, Dirt Dog-Bert, and 535s Hazel and Rosie
angelrob

Re: what did you name your roomba?

Postby sageman » May 13th, 2010, 2:49 am

i havent found a name yet but i do say "should i roombarise the ........" ive had it sinse christmas so i dont think ill ever name it but maby one day ittle come
400/disco disassembly's (everything down to the PCB)
http://www.robotreviews.com/wiki/400disco-disassembly

one day many years from now a person will say "right I'll just ROOMBA downstairs" instead of hoover
oh wait I already do :)

main bot: neato xv-15 (Europe xv-11)
to sell (one day): roomba sage and silver (both 400's)
sageman
Robot Addict

Postby georget » May 18th, 2010, 9:22 am

Mr. French (from old TV series)
georget

Postby BarbaraE » May 18th, 2010, 3:51 pm

Mr. Roomba and Roomba Jr. Inventive, no? :D
BarbaraE

Postby lstutzman » May 18th, 2010, 4:05 pm

His name is George Carlin
lstutzman

Postby thefabulousjojo » May 23rd, 2010, 8:44 pm

I aptly named my 550 with the silver faceplate Britney.....Britney Spears, to be exact. There's a degree of comfort knowing that a recovering celebrity finds solace cleaning my carpets at least 3 times per week, if not more. All my friends and neighbors know about Britney, and frequently ask how she's doing. I reply "she's doing fine, living of the crumbs I throw her". lol And when she's having some "difficulties" getting her job done, I chalk it up to her immaturity and re-occurring substance abuse. Somehow it makes her tantrums a little more manageable. I have a spare Roomba 560 with the charcoal grey faceplate that I've named Tyra Banks. Tyra has yet to do a day's worth of work in my apartment, but I'm sure that day will come...when Britney moves on to greener pastures.
thefabulousjojo

Postby Chazzi » September 8th, 2010, 12:19 pm

My first Roomba is on its way. I thought of naming it Billybot, but my son might resent it. His name is Billy. Instead, I'm naming her either Sookie (from True Blood, the TV series about vampires) - sounds like suckie) or naming him Yo Dude! Since it crawls around the floor and I also have dogs, I also was thinking of R-Dawg. I'm kinda leaning toward Yo Dude!
Chazzi

Postby beerorkid » September 8th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Kenneth from the guy on 30 Rock. Wife named it. i wanted to name it Twookie.

I have been banned from naming "pets" for a while. Current livestock is Fuggles, Zobert, and Kittythunkle (Thunky for short)
beerorkid

Postby aec » September 9th, 2010, 2:04 am

we have two. The first we named 'Daisy'. I don't know why.
The 2nd is named 'Mo', after the cleaning robot in Wall-e. I imagine him wandering around the floor muttering to himself 'foreign contaminate...foreign contaminate'. It makes me giggle.
aec

Postby holmes4 » September 9th, 2010, 9:40 am

Another "Rosie" from the Jetsons.
Steve
holmes4
Robot Addict

Postby Nitrowing » September 9th, 2010, 10:28 am

I settled on 'Savage' and 'Salvage' - Gen1 was savaged to get Gen2 salvaged.
Pity really as Savage lit up when I put a charged battery in :? I'll keep my eye out for some tyres/wheels to put on it.
Nitrowing

Postby Chazzi » September 9th, 2010, 1:55 pm

My first Roomba was delivered today, and after going round and round with names (my daughter says it has a woman's voice so it can't have any of the great boy names I thought of) I came up with the perfect name for mine: MOM. Not only is MOM the owner of MomCorp, a Futurama company that makes robots, but it's appropriate for MOM to clean up after me!
Chazzi

Postby poconogal » September 12th, 2010, 5:24 pm

MOM... I love it, that's perfect, just perfect! :D And a good thing too that you didn't name her WIFE, LOL!!!!!

I just call mine 581 and 560, so I'll probably never name them, but I do give them loving care!
Connie

The robot did it...
poconogal
Robot Addict

Postby Chazzi » September 13th, 2010, 10:35 am

Oh! Had I thought of WIFE, I might just have done that! Or maybe Second Wife, since I am the First Wife. ;-)
Chazzi

PreviousNext

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat