Roomba 500 Series Check Robot light codes

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 500 Series Check Robot light codes

Postby lizardlips » December 8th, 2007, 2:13 pm

The little light to the left of the Clean light on the 500 series, which if it is there can look like either a little Roomba or an exclamation point is called the Check Robot light (according to the Customer Service rep on the phone who e-mailed me the info below).

If your Roomba?s CLEAN light is blinking orange and the Check Robot light illuminates, the robot is experiencing a charging error. The Check Robot light will blink out the error number every 2 seconds. For example, if the robot has an error code 2, it will blink twice, pause for 2 seconds, blink twice, etc.

Please watch your robot when the CLEAN light is blinking to determine what error code your robot is displaying. Please respond with this information so that we can assist you further.

iRobot Roomba 500 Series Charging Error Codes

Clean/Power light pulses orange and Check Robot ( ! ) light blinks a number of times every 2 seconds

1 Blink: No Display
No Voice
 Remove battery pull tab.
 Remove bottom cover, remove battery and make sure that there is nothing obstructing the contacts.
 Reinstall battery and securely tighten all 4 ?bottom cover screws?. (Tip: Tighten the 2 screws up front near the battery first.)
 If screws are missing, send replacements.
 If a bottom cover screw does not engage or cannot be tightened, the Roomba may need to be replaced.
 Replace battery if problem persists.

2 Blinks: Display - Err 2
 Voice: Charging Error 2?
 Replace Roomba, power supply & home base.

3 Blinks: Display - Err 3
 Voice: Charging Error 3

5 Blinks: Display - Err 5
 Voice: Charging Error 5
 Remove battery pull tab.
 Move charging setup to a cooler environment.
 Replace power supply.

6 Blinks: Display - Err 6
 Voice: Charging Error 6
 Move charging setup to a cooler environment and make sure there is nothing sitting on top of the robot.
 Replace battery, Roomba, power supply & home base.

7 Blinks: Display - Err 7
 Voice: Charging Error 7
 Replace Battery .
 Replace Roomba if battery replacement does not solve the problem.
lizardlips
Robot Groupie

Postby THX-1138 » December 8th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Hello Lizardlips! Thanks for providing this great information for all Roomba 500 series owners. Will post this in the "READ FIRST!" sticky. :D
THX-1138
Robot Master

Postby fancyfreewv » December 8th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Thanks this might be very helpful and I have not seen it posted complete like this.

It could be put on the Wiki under Troubleshooting. If you want I can put it there for you. Let me know.

Reading this carefully, this is the CS or tech support troubleshooting phone sequence and probably not given out to most customers. :lol:

We'll take it.
Nancy - Mom to 3 Furbabies - Bentley, Chelsea, Whiskey & 3 Roombas - 535 (Half Trax) and 560 (Shadow) and Dirt Dog (Old Yellow)
fancyfreewv
Robot Addict

Postby lizardlips » December 8th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Put it anywhere you think 500 series owners can find it. The little mystery light was making me crazy. So I asked lots of questions. E-mailing me the whole list probably seemed like the easy way out, lol.
lizardlips
Robot Groupie

Postby THX-1138 » December 8th, 2007, 3:50 pm

It's posted now within the "READ FIRST!" sticky thread. :wink:
THX-1138
Robot Master

Postby fancyfreewv » December 8th, 2007, 5:04 pm

I posted it with a few modifications for clarification on the Wiki under 500 Troubleshooting
Nancy - Mom to 3 Furbabies - Bentley, Chelsea, Whiskey & 3 Roombas - 535 (Half Trax) and 560 (Shadow) and Dirt Dog (Old Yellow)
fancyfreewv
Robot Addict

Postby chipengineer » November 8th, 2008, 9:01 pm

I found that when using an external power supply for charging, to avoid the charging error 2 problem, the supply needs to be set to limit current to 1.25 A. Just setting the voltage to 22.5v is not enough.
chipengineer

Re: Roomba 500 Series Check Robot light codes

Postby Krist0 » March 26th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Tell me something...what do you mean with

lizardlips wrote:
2 Blinks: Display - Err 2
 Voice: Charging Error 2?

should I just send it to the garbage and buy a new one? is that it? It made only one cleaning cycle...problem is that I order it from USA and I live in Portugal so I can't just take it to the store...what should I do?

Stay Well, haZZZta, Krist0
Krist0

Postby vic7767 » March 26th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Those codes were provided by IRobot, if your robot is giving you any of those codes and your Roomba is under warranty then contact IRobot for warranty support. If not under warranty then depending on what the err code is you can purchase new parts for your Roomba here: www.ProTechRobotics.com
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby letdoit » July 6th, 2009, 11:14 am

hi, i had charging error 2.

before that, my adaptor caught fire due to i left the adaptor on for many months with OFF it.

but lucky my home base at store room.

I replace it but output is 24VDC 2.5A 60W, it is the problem cause it?
letdoit

Postby Safetydude27 » August 1st, 2009, 6:23 pm

charging ligts on the charger went out and now the roomba cannot find it. any clues what I can do to get the light back onto the chargin unit. I unplugged them and plugged them back in and still no lights. I checked the cord and there is power going to the terminals but still no lights. any clues why.
Safetydude27

Postby mfortuna » August 2nd, 2009, 10:00 am

Try plugging the charger directly into the roomba. If it charges then the homebase is bad. If it doesn't charge the charger is bad.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby Safetydude27 » August 2nd, 2009, 9:39 pm

the charger works on the roomba. So u r saying that the charging unit is bad? But it was working fine before i unplugged it and then when i plugged it back in there wwere no lights on the base unit.
mfortuna wrote:Try plugging the charger directly into the roomba. If it charges then the homebase is bad. If it doesn't charge the charger is bad.
Safetydude27

Postby mfortuna » August 3rd, 2009, 1:43 am

It sounds like your homebase has gone bad.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby rumani » September 2nd, 2009, 10:22 pm

I didnt find any information about it.
lazer tattoo removal cream before and after free cost the tattoo removal cream blog tells you about cost and creams to buy lazer tattoo removal cream before and after free cost
rumani

Postby vic7767 » September 2nd, 2009, 10:46 pm

rumani wrote:I didnt find any information about it.

What info are you looking for?

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby bd57chevy » September 5th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Is there a diagnostic procedure I can walk through on my 500 series Roomba? Here is the situation...

Roomba is fully charged and cleaned with sensor wiped clean. When turned on it it sounds normal and commences to go, but it then acts like it is putting on the breaks, spins, tries to go and manages a short distance and breaks again, just not making any progress because it keeps breaking after a foot or so and turns and tries again. Sometimes is gets so stuck from moving forward at all, like it is stuck in one spot just trying to go while seemingly surrounded by barriers. Sometimes it finally it breaks out into a normal pattern and cleans until charge is exhausted, after I fiddle with it and turn it off and on a few times, but after recharging for the next use it again commences with this difficult attempt to make some distance. It doesn't do this pattern after it has begun to act normally, only when first turned on, and I have to bump and fiddle with it, turning it off and on, for it to break out of the pattern.

I would like to diagnose it myself. I see that in the 400 series one can push Spot and Clean and then Power to enter the diagnostic mode. But this doesn't seem to work on the 500 series. Any advice?
bd57chevy

Postby vic7767 » September 5th, 2009, 7:39 pm

So far no one had come up with the correct button sequence to place the 5XX into the factory test mode. However, with a cable, or Roo device, a terminal program like realterm or Procomm and either the SCI Tester program or the RoombaStatus program one can send commands to the 5XX Roomba to place it into the factory test mode. If you have this configuration of hardware and software send me a PM and I'll provide you with the Open Interface commands to get into the factory tests.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby bd57chevy » September 30th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Hi,

I think that the answer may be that one of my cliff sensors are bad. I saw that I can get a sensor array on ebay for $29 shipped. Can you tell me how to swap them out? Thanks! :cheers:
bd57chevy

Postby mfortuna » October 1st, 2009, 7:51 am

Search the forums, there are a lot of topics on how to replace the cliff sensors.
Mike
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Next

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat