Roomba 500 Series Check Robot light codes

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Roomba 500 Series Check Robot light codes

Postby Fong » February 27th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Hi, I have a charging error 3. I've reset it and it didn't work.
Do you know what's the problem and how to fix it?
Thx a lot.
Fong

Postby vic7767 » February 27th, 2010, 11:37 pm

iRobot documentation indicates this:

3 Blinks: Display - Err 3
 Voice: Charging Error 3
 Replace Roomba, power supply & home base.

One or more components has encountered a failure.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Flashing red Clean light and 1 flash service light fix

Postby trobinson017 » November 26th, 2012, 7:20 pm

I haven't seen this info in this thread so I'm offering it here.

My roomba hadn't been used for about 8 months as we remodeled much of our house. Didn't want to ruin it.
So 2 weeks ago I plugged it in to charge and the Clean light flashed red continuously and the service light flashed one time every 3 seconds or so. Tried again bypassing the home base and plugging in direct. Same thing. After reviewing this forum I figured the battery needed replacing (was 3 years old). I just got the new battery today and replaced the old one with it. Upon plugging in the unit (bypassing the home base) it did the exact same thing. Since it's a new battery that wasn't the problem. So now I'm thinking it's the charging unit. Before spending any more money I decided to call iRobot. Amazingly, after pressing '1' for Tech Support, then '1' for Roomba I got a clear English speaking person on the 3rd ring! (no offense to non-clear English speakers. It's just a pain to do tech stuff that way). After some brief questions about my unit and the problem she had me remove the new battery. The next thing she had me do is something I haven't yet seen on this forum. She had me use the screwdriver to slightly bend the two small contacts inside the battery compartment upward. Then she had me use a lint-free cloth to clean all contacts inside and on battery. Then, I replaced the battery and cover. Plugged it in and, voila!! The Clean light flashed it's normal, healthy orange and is now happily charging.

So, perhaps this condition of the Clean light flashing red and the service light flashing red once every few seconds (indicating battery can't charge properly), as well as this little trick of bending the smaller contacts upward can be added to the sticky.

Great forum!

Trob
trobinson017

Postby mfortuna » November 26th, 2012, 10:02 pm

That is great advice to add bending the contacts to the sticky. That particular tip has been given out on this forum for years.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Previous

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat