Roomba 880/980 vs Botvac D, which one breaks less?

Read Reviews of the Roomba, Scooba, Dirt Dog, and all other robotic appliances. Or, feel free to write your own.

Re: Roomba 880/980 vs Botvac D, which one breaks less?

Postby saba11 » June 17th, 2017, 8:24 am

So I've owned all three and Botvac is a total waste. Let's stick with Roomba 880 and 980. Now, while both of these robotic vacuums are quite functional and durable, they still have some drawbacks.

Roomba 880 seemed to be more problematic since it regularly had problems with charging and the sensors got confused.

Roomba 980 seems to be less problematic and since I've owned it, for more than 3 three months, I haven't had a problem with it yet. So in the battle of Roomba 880 and 980, the 980 model is clearly more superior and less problematic.
saba11
 
Posts: 37
Joined: April 29th, 2017, 4:32 am

Re: Roomba 880/980 vs Botvac D, which one breaks less?

Postby aarolar » September 10th, 2017, 7:34 pm

I have a 880 that has run everyday for 2-1/2 years now and I've been completely satisfied with it. I had one dust bin filter door crap out that was replaced under warranty along with a leaking drive assembly. We have two dogs and my wife has long hair and it's never been an issue just clean it out once a week and keep on going. Original battery as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
aarolar
 
Posts: 11
Joined: December 31st, 2015, 11:35 pm

Re: Roomba 880/980 vs Botvac D, which one breaks less?

Postby djos » September 10th, 2017, 8:03 pm

I've got an original BotVac 80 and it's been flawless and provided years of problem free service.

My Roomba 561 is pretty reliable too which is impressive considering the hostile environment it cleans.... My garage / workshop.
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80 w/ Li-NMC Battery , 2x XV11 w/ Li-NMC Battery
iRobot Roomba 561 w/ NiMh Battery & Aerovac Bin, Scooba 380 w/ Li-NMC Battery

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
User avatar
djos
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: November 30th, 2009, 7:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Roomba 880/980 vs Botvac D, which one breaks less?

Postby Wing Nut » September 15th, 2017, 7:56 pm

djos wrote:I've got an original BotVac 80 and it's been flawless and provided years of problem free service.

I just checked and my first Neato XV-11 was bought in Sept 2011 and the second one early in 2012. While this model has a deserved reputation for unreliability, they're still running perfectly 6 years later with just a couple of easy DIY repairs and new batteries every 18 months (NiMH) or 24+(?) months (lithium). At this rate I can only dream of a smarter, more powerful, replacement :?

djos wrote:My Roomba 561 is pretty reliable too which is impressive considering the hostile environment it cleans.... My garage / workshop.

Hmmm ... you're giving me ideas now! :think:
#1 Neato XV-11 SW 2.0 Board Rev 113 / 3500mAh battery pack installed May 2013 / Pet & Allergy pack installed Sept 2013. In July 2014, received and repaired a faulty #2 Neato XV-11, running Lithium Power 4400mAh battery since July 2015
User avatar
Wing Nut
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 348
Joined: October 30th, 2010, 1:38 am
Location: Australia

Re: Roomba 880/980 vs Botvac D, which one breaks less?

Postby djos » September 15th, 2017, 8:30 pm

Wing Nut wrote:
djos wrote:I've got an original BotVac 80 and it's been flawless and provided years of problem free service.

I just checked and my first Neato XV-11 was bought in Sept 2011 and the second one early in 2012. While this model has a deserved reputation for unreliability, they're still running perfectly 6 years later with just a couple of easy DIY repairs and new batteries every 18 months (NiMH) or 24+(?) months (lithium). At this rate I can only dream of a smarter, more powerful, replacement :?

djos wrote:My Roomba 561 is pretty reliable too which is impressive considering the hostile environment it cleans.... My garage / workshop.

Hmmm ... you're giving me ideas now! :think:


Yeah I've still got 2 fully operational xv11's plus my parents xv11 which is also still going strong. Great machines.

Btw I've recently added an aero vac bin to the 561 and its makes a huge difference to the performance and also reducing maintenance on the 561 as it does a much better job of pulling the dust through the filter.
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80 w/ Li-NMC Battery , 2x XV11 w/ Li-NMC Battery
iRobot Roomba 561 w/ NiMh Battery & Aerovac Bin, Scooba 380 w/ Li-NMC Battery

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
User avatar
djos
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: November 30th, 2009, 7:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Previous

Return to Robotic Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calebleemcd, moradi2, vic7767 and 365 guests