Kärcher Robocleaner RC3000 review

Read Reviews of the Roomba, Scooba, Dirt Dog, and all other robotic appliances. Or, feel free to write your own.

Re: Kärcher Robocleaner RC3000 review

Postby Fraggboy » October 8th, 2012, 10:59 am

Hello Angelgirl.

Welcome to Robot Reviews! :)

I purchased mine directly from Karcher, and needed a step-up transformer. They stopped making the 120v version quite some time ago. We should trade Karcher's so the both of us don't have to use the transformer!! J/K! I love mine, and won't give it up for anything! Just like everyone else owning the Karcher, I love how it performs.

Sadly, it's packed away for the move next month. :(
Chris

:confusion-shrug:
Website Question? Check out the FAQ section.
Roomba/Scooba Question? Check out the READ FIRST section.
:text-search:
Before posting, check out the improved Search engine. Your question might have been answered already.
Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby mfortuna » October 8th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Some place else in Vegas?
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby Fraggboy » October 9th, 2012, 11:12 am

No. Moving out of the State. My Fiance and myself will be working for the State of California. The both of us were offered positions we couldn't refuse. She's working there on a contract, which they love her already. They will be offering her a full-time position after the contract is up.. And, they were looking for assistance in their IT department.

We will be moving to a very small town, where everyone knows everyone. Quite a change from what I am used to.
Chris

Before posting, check out the improved Search engine. Your question might have been answered already.
Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby mfortuna » October 10th, 2012, 6:20 am

Good luck with the move and new experiences Chris! I'm sure the Karcher will enjoy its new home.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby Fraggboy » October 10th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Appreciate it Mike. :)
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby vic7767 » October 10th, 2012, 8:57 pm

Off topic but good luck on your move Chris, let us know about how the Karcher does without sand.....lol
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 8th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Hey guys! I recently did some research and found a Karcher Robocleaner 120v online. I just got it today, and began to charge it. I was wondering where I could get a top cover plate for it, I only paid $250 which was a great deal because it came with new bags, and included shipping. I know I am only 14, but I am really in love with these robotic vacuums. I will soon make some comparisons of my robots, the Karcher, Electrolux, Roomba, and Neato.
Thanks! Patrick.
Attachments
photo(2).JPG
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby Fraggboy » November 8th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Congrats!! You will LOVE yours. I can't wait to unpack mine in my new home. I surely miss it! You might want to check with Karcher directly online to order a top plate for yours. I take it you want to do some modding??
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 8th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Oh, Ok I will! It first scared me when it started sucking out the dirt in the robot. I can't wait until I can test it out. Thanks for your replies! Patrick.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 8th, 2012, 11:41 pm

Do you know where to get batteries for this robot? I see that the previous owner had purchased batteries for it, but the batteries only last a few minutes before having to go back to base. Thanks.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby Fraggboy » November 8th, 2012, 11:48 pm

More than likely I will purchase mine from here. This is the same place where I get my bags from.

If you live outside of the US, you might be able to find a closer place, but this is the closest and cheapest here in the States.

There are some cheaper places on Amazon, but there are no reviews. I don't know if they use cheaper cells, which relates to shorter lifespan. The one at Total Vac are from Karcher.
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 9th, 2012, 12:06 am

Oh, I should probably put on my profile that I live in the US. Specifically, Texas. I think from your reviews and reasons you love your Karcher made me get one too!(: I also freaked out when it backed off of base. Anyways I have one more question before I go to bed, how do you keep the Karcher from going back on a mission? I had pushed the dock button, and it seems like it's working for now. This machine is way ahead of it's time. I wish my Neato could have some of these features!
Thanks again! Patrick.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby Fraggboy » November 9th, 2012, 12:14 am

When you want to stop the Karcher from going out again (Before the time is up), press the Park button before it docks. The next time it will dock, it will empty the Karcher, charge and then back off of the dock and turn off.
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby Koontzy » November 9th, 2012, 1:28 am

Damn guys, you're making me jealous !!
those karcher are pretty hard to find especially at this price

edit: actually, i cant find any under 2000$ lol
edit2: just found this while looking around, maybe this gonna help you for modding :
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/karcher-3000-12691010-karcher-robotic-floor-vacuum-parts-c-33388_33676_33677.html
Koontzy
Robot Groupie

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 9th, 2012, 8:55 am

Haha. Yeah. I thought that was a great price for $250 including the shipping costs. The most important thing right now is the batteries. I think it is kind of silly that it backs off the dock after its charged because it loses some of the charge. Well, those are only small flaws. Thanks, Patrick.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby Fraggboy » November 9th, 2012, 11:28 am

While it does back off of the dock after being charged, it does turn completely 'off' so there is no battery drain waiting to be put back in service. The charge it does lose is minimal and won't hurt the battery.
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 9th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I guess the batteries are just old and need replacing. That's why it wants to be charged. Thanks.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 9th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Does anyone know how to rebuild the Karcher batteries and how many cells of what type. Thanks.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby vacuumboy98 » November 10th, 2012, 10:47 am

I have noticed something with my Karcher and wanted to see if it was normal. I have observed that every time the Karcher runs into a obstacle, and the bumper sensor is activated it shuts the brush roll of until it starts going in a straight path again. It this normal? Thanks, Patrick.
vacuumboy98
Robot Addict

Postby Fraggboy » November 12th, 2012, 10:48 am

I really haven't paid attention to hear if the brush powers down during a turn myself. Maybe someone else can verify. Mine is packed up atm. :(
Chris

Fraggboy
Robot Master

PreviousNext

Return to Robotic Reviews