News 2019: Samsung Powerbot VR7200

Robotic News stories from around the world.

News 2019: Samsung Powerbot VR7200

Postby piokrza » May 2nd, 2019, 4:30 pm

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l16.jpg

New Powerbot VR7200 is coming. Equipped with innovations:

*Anti-tangle Self-Cleaning Soft Brush - exclusively designed for "korean environments" (mostly hard floors) along with Self-Cleaning Grinder (Self-Cleaning Brush Cover), advertised to more efficiently clean hard floor than conventional combo brush, also prevents tangling by grind-up any human and pet hair that would normally get tangled around the bristles,

*improved mapping technology v.2.0, now the Visionary Mapping™ camera system is suppoerted. Accuracy is told to be improved by the optical sensor on the bottom and Tri Axis Gyro. Along with its claimers it can create a detailed map, which cuts cleaning time by following a more efficient route,

*manufacturer say "40x more suction power than conventional robot vacuums, making it as powerful as a stick vacuum",

*voice guide is used to understand what robot vacuum cleaner is doing with spoken updates. A Voice Guide keeps user updated in a choice of 13 languages (Korean, English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai) about its status and the scheduling and cleaning modes. And it alerts if there are any errors. But we should be able to mute the voice or use sound effects if we prefer.

All other features stay the same as previous older versions.

https://www.samsung.com/my/vacuum-clean ... t-vr7200r/
https://www.samsung.com/sec/vacuum-clea ... /?powerbot
piokrza
Robot Master

Re: News 2019: Samsung Powerbot VR7200

Postby glnc222 » May 7th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Curious the advertisement specifies brush width 278mm while the current VR7065 etc. series shows 289mm brush width -- but only half an inch difference. Yet this may mean the new brush reported might not work in the other models. Such incompatibilities are not surprising in the industry.
I have to wonder how adding optical sensing to the bottom helps navigating as my Powerbot seems to work well (or as well as these gadgets do with their limited software) with the original top camera. There have been other vacuums with such bottom sensors I think substituting for other guidance -- works like a computer mouse...
Lots of tweaks in vacuum robot design appear to be marketing gimmicks just to claim something new instead of having significant effects.
glnc222
Robot Master

Re: News 2019: Samsung Powerbot VR7200

Postby glnc222 » June 12th, 2019, 7:50 pm

June 2019 R7260 listed at Samsung.com U.S., but not yet in stores. High price $899. Difference from cheaper models worth all that not clear. Luxury market.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Robotic News