UK Power supply for Roomba

This forum is dedicated to discussion about issues concerning customers who are outside the continental US. Where to buy, warranty and shipping issues, and all other questions about robots outside the United States go here.

Postby just4funuk » August 31st, 2008, 11:37 am

3. Maplin L52BR 150W Laptop Power Supply

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?cri ... ce=15&SD=Y

This has the advantage of being a single unit, it can be set to 22V. It is a bit over powered and expensive at ?52.99, but they did have it on special offer at ?29.99 for a short time - maybe they'll do that again. It also is slightly noisy as it has a fan in it that gets faster when the supply is on a load - might annoy you depending on where you install it, I think it's not too bad.

This is on a special offer at the present time ?34.99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?cri ... ce=15&SD=Y

I have just purchased one from another source and will admit that it is not quiet. It is being used to replace a laptop psu and is set on the 19v setting. It runs very hot and is far from quiet.

I was using a old psu off another laptop and I felt the current ratting was a little low as the machine spec's say it required 19v @ 3.4 Amps. The one I was using was rated at 19v 2.? Amps but ran a lot cooler than this PSU and also it had no fan so it was silent.I would not like to know what the heat and fan noise would be like if the user was using the full 8 Amps.
Packard Bell Easy Note
L52BR PSU
just4funuk

Re: UK Power supply for Roomba

Postby roomba678 » September 2nd, 2010, 2:34 pm

To Debugger
" The question really is will the 500 Series Roombas work with the APS Charger from the 4xxx series? "

Yes, you can use the 4000 Series PSU charger and base, the remote and the virtual walls. and vice versa.

I have both.
roomba678

Re: UK Power supply for Roomba

Postby Botty » January 28th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Old thread, I know, but related question. I need to buy a bunch of the newer integrated base units to use in Italy. They can be bought much cheaper in the US but I’ve read diametrically opposing answers about whether you can simply plug in an eu line cord instead of the us cord instead. Some say yes absolutely, and others say no, under no circumstances.

Can anyone definitively answer this?
Botty
Robot Addict

Previous

Return to International Robotics Forum