Neato XV-11/Roomba 555 comparison video

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Neato XV-11 area covering video

Postby vasic » August 9th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Fraggboy wrote:So, it seems a few members stating that Neato surpasses Roomba in picking up dust/debris are wrong.. Figured as much. :D
Both do a *decent* job in vacuuming, and both have their issues. I feel if one of them works well in your environment, great! There is not a cut-and-dry robotic vacuum that works well in every environment.

Let me get this straight: we had two tests; in one, Roomba ran first, followed by Neato. Ten days later, we had the reverse. At the end of both of these tests, Roomba had collected a visibly smaller pile of dust/dirt than Neato, and when weighed on a moderately precise scale, because of much higher density of Neato's pile, the difference in weight between two was significantly greater, and in both cases, Neato collected much more dust/dirt than Roomba. In addition to the greater amount of dirt, Neato completed the room in significantly less time than Roomba.

Now, "Fraggboy" here concludes that "members stating that Neato surpasses Roomba are wrong", and both do a *decent* job in vacuuming.

Can someone explain, what am I missing here?
vasic

Re: Neato XV-11/Roomba 555 comparison video

Postby vic7767 » August 9th, 2016, 6:30 pm

This thread is over 4 years old. The answers you seek are contained in the first three pages of posts.

None of the models used in testing are even running now.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby vasic » August 27th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Yes, i understand that, but I just wanted to figure out what makes our Fragboy draw his conclusion when the results seem to imply a very different one.

I wonder if today's comparable models would exhibit similar performance, or have they significantly changed since then
vasic

Postby djos » August 27th, 2016, 7:12 pm

vasic wrote:Yes, i understand that, but I just wanted to figure out what makes our Fragboy draw his conclusion when the results seem to imply a very different one.

I wonder if today's comparable models would exhibit similar performance, or have they significantly changed since then

Tbh I think his conclusions were a bit flawed. Cnet have done some really good comparison work lately.

http://www.cnet.com/products/neato-botv ... ot-vacuum/
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80 w/ Li-NMC Battery , 2x XV11 w/ Li-NMC Battery
iRobot Roomba 561 w/ NiMh Battery, Scooba 380 w/ Li-NMC Battery

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
djos
Robot Addict

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics