Hey all, I've been a long time reader for roomba info but joined today specifically to discuss this new firmware for my new xv-11. The original vac I bought had the 1.3 firmware which I stupidly upgraded to 2.6. Shortly thereafter I got an unexplained stuck brush error. I did check the metal drive gear for hair and cleaned the minuscule amount from it. No manner of battery pulls, brush reseating, or bearing cleanings solved it. I even used an ultrasonic cleaner for the bearings and end caps which cleaned the parts better than new. Sent it in for refurb replacement which also had the 2.6 and days later had the unexplained stuck brush error. Sent it in again and they sent me a spanking new unit with the 3.0.x firmware and just had my first run today.
First and most annoying, the robot seems to jam itself into corners which it should be able to easily get out of. It hits a corner, backs out a little and tries to turn 90 degrees, but if it hits something again it tries to back up again but just ends up digging its backside into my wall and scrapes paint off until it gives up and says to check its wheels. This happens consistently in a couple areas of my house. Mind you that after that second attempt to back up it does successfully clear its bumper but just keeps plowing in reverse anyway.
Second is that 3.0 seems to bring back docking failure. Now not only does it fail to dock, but it drives off about 10 feet in a random direction after the attempt and stops.
Much as I hated 2.6 in comparison to 1.3, at least 2.6 didn't give me the problems above.