New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby kamiraa » December 13th, 2012, 8:03 pm

neato wrote::thumbup:


are YOU the next generation Neato, with the answering questions feature built in ;) haha
kamiraa
 
Posts: 22
Joined: December 11th, 2012, 3:57 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby neato » December 13th, 2012, 8:26 pm

:techie-typing:
User avatar
neato
Neato Special Guest
 
Posts: 330
Joined: July 13th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Ralph-G » December 13th, 2012, 8:57 pm

I haven't had time to try to track the source of the message but my best guess it that it was in the system software and was made active by a date sensitive time bomb based on the normal software update schedule.
IMG_1645.JPG
Ralph-G
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby djos » December 13th, 2012, 9:08 pm

wow, that is interesting. :)
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80
Neato XV-11 w/ Pet Brush-bar & Filter, 3500mAh Batteries
iRobot Scooba 380

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
User avatar
djos
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: November 30th, 2009, 7:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby BuBu » December 14th, 2012, 12:00 pm

I also tried to see on my Neato if there was an update... it's answer is a bit confusing to me :lol:
Attachments
Neato.jpg
BuBu
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 12th, 2011, 3:34 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby kamiraa » December 15th, 2012, 3:08 am

BuBu wrote:I also tried to see on my Neato if there was an update... it's answer is a bit confusing to me :lol:



LOL, I lost it :cheers:
kamiraa
 
Posts: 22
Joined: December 11th, 2012, 3:57 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Ralph-G » December 15th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Yes, I guess for those of us who are software adept it is possible to program the screen to show anything that you want, however this is not the case with me. As I said previously I have not connected the Neato to a computer for any purpose whatsoever.
The XV 21 is only 3 weeks old and has the following:

SN 0017176
SW 3.0.17235
LDS V2.6.15295
Board Rev 64
Board SW 17242

Each time the XV 21 is turned on the screen shows that a new software is available and it has to be acknowledge with the OK soft switch before the machine will run.

Mine is a genuine enquiry to see if any one else with a new XV 21 has a similar experience.
Ralph-G
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby kamiraa » December 16th, 2012, 3:34 am

Ralph-G wrote:Yes, I guess for those of us who are software adept it is possible to program the screen to show anything that you want, however this is not the case with me. As I said previously I have not connected the Neato to a computer for any purpose whatsoever.
The XV 21 is only 3 weeks old and has the following:

SN 0017176
SW 3.0.17235
LDS V2.6.15295
Board Rev 64
Board SW 17242

Each time the XV 21 is turned on the screen shows that a new software is available and it has to be acknowledge with the OK soft switch before the machine will run.

Mine is a genuine enquiry to see if any one else with a new XV 21 has a similar experience.


Ralph I think that basically means that the internal memory had a bit flip, and has become corrupt along the way (it happens)

The only way to fix it, is to rewrite the internal PROM with new code from a validated source (regular upgrade cycle).

I would do the "upgrade" which is just push a good version of code to the internal memory. Correct me if I'm wrong Neato.
kamiraa
 
Posts: 22
Joined: December 11th, 2012, 3:57 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby denodan » December 16th, 2012, 4:32 am

comp666 wrote:My Neato xv-21 running 3.0.17235 has never successfully docked. It just comes back and stops about a foot away from the docking station. No backup dance. The docking station has 4-5 feet of clearance on each side. This is already my 2nd unit.

Is it safe to downgrade the firmware to 2.6? I heard docking was better in 2.6. Thanks!


Mine is also using 3.0.17235 and so far has always docked perfectly, even from the other side of the house.
denodan
 
Posts: 42
Joined: December 6th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby denodan » December 16th, 2012, 4:37 am

denodan wrote:
comp666 wrote:My Neato xv-21 running 3.0.17235 has never successfully docked. It just comes back and stops about a foot away from the docking station. No backup dance. The docking station has 4-5 feet of clearance on each side. This is already my 2nd unit.

Is it safe to downgrade the firmware to 2.6? I heard docking was better in 2.6. Thanks!


I would not downgrade if I where you?


Not only is the XV-21 with firmware 3.0 the newest Neato, it also has some major hardware changes within the mobo. So even if you could load the older firmware into the unit it would not be compatible.



Mine is also using 3.0.17235 and so far has always docked perfectly, even from the other side of the house.
denodan
 
Posts: 42
Joined: December 6th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby BuBu » December 16th, 2012, 5:41 am

Ralph-G wrote:Yes, I guess for those of us who are software adept it is possible to program the screen to show anything that you want, however this is not the case with me. As I said previously I have not connected the Neato to a computer for any purpose whatsoever.

Basically I just reused your picture and used a graphic program to draw on it. I had big fun making the Neato display a trollface :-D
BuBu
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 12th, 2011, 3:34 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Vetekli » December 16th, 2012, 5:46 am

Any new ETA on the update? :lol:
Vetekli
 
Posts: 24
Joined: September 17th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Ralph-G » December 16th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Hi Guys,

There is nothing wrong with our XV 21. It returns to base for recharge, etc. other than having the software message and sometimes not cleaning all of the rooms in our relatively cluttered house.

I have tried to find a means of contacting Neato Tech support but the web site doesn't help. If anyone knows an email address or similar it would be much appreciated as I don't want to try anything without getting some advice form the manufacturer.

Ralph
posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=16275#
Ralph-G
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby aziesemer2 » December 16th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Ralph-G wrote:Hi Guys,

There is nothing wrong with our XV 21. It returns to base for recharge, etc. other than having the software message and sometimes not cleaning all of the rooms in our relatively cluttered house.

I have tried to find a means of contacting Neato Tech support but the web site doesn't help. If anyone knows an email address or similar it would be much appreciated as I don't want to try anything without getting some advice form the manufacturer.

Ralph
posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=16275#


It won't visit a room if you open the door after it do the perimeter. All the times I thought my Neato lost a room was because I forgot I opened the door after that.
aziesemer2
 
Posts: 40
Joined: October 21st, 2012, 8:33 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Zerxer » December 16th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Ralph-G wrote:Hi Guys,

There is nothing wrong with our XV 21. It returns to base for recharge, etc. other than having the software message and sometimes not cleaning all of the rooms in our relatively cluttered house.

I have tried to find a means of contacting Neato Tech support but the web site doesn't help. If anyone knows an email address or similar it would be much appreciated as I don't want to try anything without getting some advice form the manufacturer.

Ralph
posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=16275#

customercare at neatorobotics dot com
Zerxer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: December 11th, 2012, 9:19 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby neato » December 16th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Ralph-G wrote:Hi Guys,

There is nothing wrong with our XV 21. It returns to base for recharge, etc. other than having the software message and sometimes not cleaning all of the rooms in our relatively cluttered house.

I have tried to find a means of contacting Neato Tech support but the web site doesn't help. If anyone knows an email address or similar it would be much appreciated as I don't want to try anything without getting some advice form the manufacturer.

Ralph

Sorry you are having trouble with your Neato :(

Please call Neato Customer Care 24/7 at (1-877-296-3286) and describe this issue.

The contact information for Neato is under the About -> Contact Us section of the web site.
User avatar
neato
Neato Special Guest
 
Posts: 330
Joined: July 13th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Ralph-G » December 16th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Thanks for your help.

For whatever reason each time I Google neatorobitics it takes me to the UK site which has no contact details. I will try the email address that you gave but phoning is not really practical since I in Australia.

Ralph
Ralph-G
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby neato » December 17th, 2012, 1:18 am

The Neato web site makes a guess at your country. In the upper right hand corner you can select the country/language.
User avatar
neato
Neato Special Guest
 
Posts: 330
Joined: July 13th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby OntheWay » December 17th, 2012, 9:48 am

Prevent Neato from chewing mini-ends of one-side-connected USB cables. It can accidentally suck firmware update alerts. Now we want it capable of draining the firmware's itself too. :lol:
OntheWay
Robot Addict
 
Posts: 125
Joined: November 11th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Re: New Neato FW Spotted 3.0.17235

Postby Ralph-G » December 27th, 2012, 6:46 pm

It would seem that the software upgrade message was date related as it no longer appears on start up. But I really do wish that customercare@neatorobotics.com had replied to my email requesting advice.
Ralph
Ralph-G
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Neato Robotics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dgerman, johnnyh, neat99, vic7767 and 241 guests