Neato Reliablity

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato Reliablity

Postby kagoshimachris » November 24th, 2012, 4:22 am

Hi guys,

First post here but I just bought a Neato XV-11 and was curious about how reliable it is. I bought it off Amazon in Japan and just noticed that the one-year warranty doesn't apply.

The XV-11 has been cleaning my condo everyday for the last three days and does great when you press the start button for cleaning but today, I had it start from the schedule menu and it started freaking out... going left right left right left right etc., after cleaning for 10 minutes.

Anyway, I guess I'm having buyer's remorse. I'd like to hear from people who have owned their bots for a long time.
kagoshimachris

Re: Neato Reliablity

Postby aubie » November 24th, 2012, 8:58 am

My Neato XV-12, 2.6 has been running for 14 months. It runs 5 days a week. It runs from the schedule, set to start at 6:30 am Monday thru Friday. It takes 90 mins. to clean my man cave.

I have had no major problems with it. It has had 3 RPS errors, and has failed to return to it's base less than ten times. For close to 300 cleanings, it has, and continues to have a very high success rate.
aubie
Robot Groupie

Postby aubie » November 24th, 2012, 9:06 am

Also, based on my experience with Neato, if your Neato started freaking out after 10 mins. of cleaning, that had nothing to do with the way you started it. If after it freaked out, it then continued to clean then I wouldn't worry about it. My Neato does the freakout thing every once in awhile, then continues to clean. If you stopped it when it freaked out, next time let it run until it stops on it's own, or starts cleaning.
aubie
Robot Groupie

Postby kagoshimachris » November 24th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Thank you for that Aubie. It's really easy to find posts and reviews where the Neato broke down--enough at least to make a person worry. Glad to hear your XV-12 is healthy and going strong.
kagoshimachris

Postby awkwardturtle » November 25th, 2012, 7:20 pm

My my own personal experience with the two Neatos I have, I wouldn't touch this thing without a warranty backing it. It's GREAT when it works, but they seem a bit fragile. Neato's CS is the only thing that keeps me confident in this thing.
awkwardturtle

Return to Neato Robotics