Wonderful

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Wonderful

Postby denodan » December 12th, 2012, 4:09 am

Just got my Neato through the post today, got it off Trademe. Went to turn it on, and got battery error message. Thought I had a dud, so thought I would open the battery compartments, and found one battery plug not in.

It the worked, put it on the docking station, looked at SW version, which is 3.01, or 3.10, or something like that, so is the latest version.

Seems the box is also different to the older VX11 box,more like the VX21 type packaging I have seen, where it is packed in like big plastic padding.

I also selected new battery, as it is not said to do this, but reading battery problems, thought this is the best option.

Battery was almost fully charged, and was charged in less then 10 mins.

Did a quick test, did my sitting room in 15 mins, and docked itself. Hardly any battery usage at all on the battery indicator hardly dropped, so looks like I may actually get 1 hour or pretty near it, and this is on carpet.

Only 1 problem I had, it got into lose cords and almost sucked one up, so had to pause and undo it, but seemed all safe and sound.

seems you got to keep cords away from this beast. Very impressed how it cleaned. My Roomba takes 50 mins to do the same room, my Neato the same room 15 mins, so makes me wonder when you buy one you got to tell it, before using it, it's a new battery.

Thought it was going to be louder, as people say it's loud but not too bad, it is louder then the Rooma, but very much quieter then any upright. But yes very impressed so far and does a better job then my Roomba.
denodan

Re: Wonderful

Postby BravoRomeo » December 12th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Congratulations on your purchase! Like most robot vacuum cleaners, Neato requires cords to be up and out-of-the-way. There are lots of devices you can get the hardware store, such as clips and channels, to help with cord management. Besides, keeping cords hidden looks much better.

Noise wise, I think the Neato sounds about like a high quality canister vacuum.
BravoRomeo

Re: Wonderful

Postby vic7767 » December 12th, 2012, 7:00 pm

denodan wrote:I also selected new battery, as it is not said to do this, but reading battery problems, thought this is the best option.
That does not need to be done. An overnight charge is much kinder to the battery pack pair.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics