Neato customer support not responding

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato customer support not responding

Postby UnknownPerson » December 19th, 2012, 9:12 am

Hi,

Has anyone actually had any success contacting Neato customer support? I live in the UK and have emailed both NeatoRobotics.Webstore@luzernsolutions.com and customercare@neatorobotics.com, and so far haven't received a reply.

It's not a serious issue, I just seem to have a battery pack that can't last 20 mins. I would at least have appreciated a response from them.

Dave
UnknownPerson

Re: Neato customer support not responding

Postby c.mueller » December 19th, 2012, 9:27 am

I am in contact with NeatoRobotics.Webstore @ luzernsolutions.com, my neato also has an issue with battery runtime.
When have you contacted them? I receive responds within 24 hrs.
Last edited by c.mueller on December 19th, 2012, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neato XV-15
c.mueller

Postby UnknownPerson » December 19th, 2012, 9:29 am

11th December. I suppose I'm being a little impatient. Given that you've had quick responses I'll try chasing them up again.

Thanks,
Dave
UnknownPerson

Postby c.mueller » December 19th, 2012, 9:36 am

My first attempt was Dec. 10, but received no reply. After one week i contacted them again and received apologies for their system going down and rewrite my problem...

It seems your mail was within this time.
neato XV-15
c.mueller

Postby UnknownPerson » December 19th, 2012, 9:43 am

I was a little suspicious by your messages - it seems you signed up on here and have only responded to my messages. I just looked on linkedin, and I can't see any mueller's at Luzern Solutions so I guess I have to let you off and trust that you're just a helpful person :)

Dave
UnknownPerson

Postby c.mueller » December 19th, 2012, 9:50 am

You also have a new XV-15? Mine only cleans about 30 to 40 sqm right now. :roll:

BTW: My real name is not c.mueller... :wink:
neato XV-15
c.mueller

Postby glnc222 » December 19th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Nothing unusual about companies not responding to email, most aren't equipped for it even when listing addresses. They are mostly set up for phone contact. That other button on the handheld tablet.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby UnknownPerson » December 19th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Hmmm. Maybe I will need to try and call them tomorrow during business hours.

I just tried it in one of my bedrooms on carpet for the first time and didn't even get 5 minutes out of it before I had to carry it back to the charger.

If only it could run for the advertised times I'd be happy!

Dave
UnknownPerson

Postby a4refillpad » December 19th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Where did you buy your neato from? Direct from themselves?
current bots: Clebo Arte, Vorwerk VR-100 (one broken one new), Neato XV-25, Neato XV-12, Roomba 564, Evo Mint 2, Roomba 770, Hauzen VC-RE70V, Samsung SR8980, Karcher RC3000, Robomow RL350 (lawnmower)
previous bots: Samsung SR8845, Neato XV-15
a4refillpad
Robot Addict

Postby UnknownPerson » December 20th, 2012, 12:17 pm

I bought it from Amazon.

Wuzernsolutions.com got in touch today and their advice is just to return it to Amazon. It's a bit of a shame - I was really hoping that they'd just send me a new battery instead of me having to go through the hassle of sending it back to Amazon.

I just had another go at cleaning on carpet again. It lasted < 5 mins, and failed to get back to the charger (although I can forgive that as the positioning may not have been great). You can see it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=285wzBf_7Mg. Apologies for the blur - auto-focus on the camera wasn't so great (I turned it to manual after a few mins).

Anyone else had such a bad experience?

Dave
UnknownPerson

Postby a4refillpad » December 20th, 2012, 3:09 pm

UK customer support does not seem to be anywhere near as good as in the US. I also had no choice but to send mine back to the original supplier as UK neato support did not want to know. I paid a hefty amount to post my RPS erroring neato back to the supplier and lost weeks of use.
However, I love the device and bought a xv25 with the aid of the refund.
Somewhat out of pocket and a little bemused with the "2 year manufacturer warranty" but at least I've got a working neato again.
current bots: Clebo Arte, Vorwerk VR-100 (one broken one new), Neato XV-25, Neato XV-12, Roomba 564, Evo Mint 2, Roomba 770, Hauzen VC-RE70V, Samsung SR8980, Karcher RC3000, Robomow RL350 (lawnmower)
previous bots: Samsung SR8845, Neato XV-15
a4refillpad
Robot Addict

Postby UnknownPerson » January 15th, 2013, 10:06 am

Just to follow up on this. I sent the defective Neato back to Amazon and they handled the return fantastically - they sent out the replacement next day delivery before receiving the defective Neato.

The new Neato is working well. The battery lasts lots longer (45mins ish - maybe close to one hour). I'm still a little wary that it'll fail, but that's mostly because of my previous bad experience.

However, I still think that Neato UK customer service is rubbish. It took chasing up and posts on this board to get a response, and then all they could advise was to return it to the company I bought it from. All it needed was a new battery in my opinion! Also, Neato US customer support never bothered to respond.
UnknownPerson

Return to Neato Robotics