Neato xv-21 cleans only one room

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato xv-21 cleans only one room

Postby SharonHak » December 24th, 2012, 2:42 am

hi

I just got my new neato xv-21 yesterday.
I put the station in one of five rooms in my apartment.
The Neato was charged fully, i set the time and pushed the start button.
The Neato started to clean immediatly.
As the Neato finished to clean the room it went back to the station (message "finished clean") and didnt exit the room to clean the other rooms.

I tried 3 times and all of them were the same (the Neato cleaned only the room where the station is and didnt go out from the room for cleaning the other rooms).

Can anyone help me with this situation??
What i need to do??

Thanks.
SharonHak

Re: Neato xv-21 cleans only one room

Postby OntheWay » December 24th, 2012, 7:26 am

SharonHak wrote:hi

As the Neato finished to clean the room it went back to the station (message "finished clean") and didnt exit the room to clean the other rooms.

I tried 3 times and all of them were the same (the Neato cleaned only the room where the station is and didnt go out from the room for cleaning the other rooms).

What i need to do??

Thanks.

Hi, primary reason for such a behaviour is keeping the door of first room closed, during the initial scan (neato moves out of docking station and turns left and right, so, looks around). If you open or close doors, or move larger (wider) furnitures during the operation, depending on the changes you applied, it may skip open-doors, or try to open (!) closed doors, it may start thinking of being somewhere else of the house, due to spoiled house map in memory, resulting some weird shaking or wall kicking behaviours.

Best move is to adjust doors and furnitures before running the unit, and leave the house as is. I really wish it could be able to detect inexistence(movement) of larger objects and clean these spaces, but this only causes problems.

Enough serious stuff, now, according to insider information(!) this problem will be solved with 3D scanner version of Neato, a.k.a. Neato 3D-11, the first cloud-enabled vacuum robot that stores current and main shape and problem corners info in the cloud, allows the Neato to clean your house much more efficiently (a small monthly fee applies here to store your point cloud data, in the cloud) :lol:
OntheWay
Robot Addict

Postby SharonHak » December 24th, 2012, 8:12 am

OntheWay wrote:
SharonHak wrote:hi

What i need to do??

Thanks.

Hi, primary reason for such a behaviour is keeping the door of first room closed, during the initial scan (neato moves out of docking station and turns left and right, so, looks around). If you open or close doors, or move larger (wider) furnitures during the operation, depending on the changes you applied, it may skip open-doors, or try to open (!) closed doors, it may start thinking of being somewhere else of the house, due to spoiled house map in memory, resulting some weird shaking or wall kicking behaviours.

Best move is to adjust doors and furnitures before running the unit, and leave the house as is. I really wish it could be able to detect inexistence(movement) of larger objects and clean these spaces, but this only causes problems.

Enough serious stuff, now, according to insider information(!) this problem will be solved with 3D scanner version of Neato, a.k.a. Neato 3D-11, the first cloud-enabled vacuum robot that stores current and main shape and problem corners info in the cloud, allows the Neato to clean your house much more efficiently (a small monthly fee applies here to store your point cloud data, in the cloud) :lol:

Hi
Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any advice for me how to resolve this problem.
Can i resolve this problem with reset the settings??
SharonHak

Postby OntheWay » December 24th, 2012, 8:17 am

Instead of resetting, you may try changing the place of docking station first, preferably in the same room. If problem persists, move to next stage, put the station into another room.

edit. When you run neato, dont stay in front of door to watch, in order to allow it discover the exit.
OntheWay
Robot Addict

Postby aziesemer2 » December 24th, 2012, 9:50 am

OntheWay wrote:Instead of resetting, you may try changing the place of docking station first, preferably in the same room. If problem persists, move to next stage, put the station into another room.

edit. When you run neato, dont stay in front of door to watch, in order to allow it discover the exit.

As OntheWay said... don't stay on the way ;)
aziesemer2

Postby OntheWay » December 24th, 2012, 10:17 am

:cheers:
OntheWay
Robot Addict

Postby justflie » December 25th, 2012, 12:27 am

Only other idea I would have is perhaps there is a threshold or something that it can't get over separating the rooms. I have an old house with some high thresholds that Neato can't quite make it over. It eventually gives up and thinks it's a wall or something. I built a little ramp for it :)
justflie
Robot Addict

Postby SharonHak » December 25th, 2012, 1:12 am

Thank you all.

The problem was solved.
I just changed the station room and it worked.
SharonHak

Return to Neato Robotics