Rugs with fringe

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Rugs with fringe

Postby ilpirata » January 7th, 2013, 1:51 pm

I've read that the next version of the software will have a "rugs with fringe disentanglement routine".
Probably such a routing has already been deployed in the VR100.
Does someone can tell us if it really works?
As of now, the robot will try to climb on to the rug, until it gets trapped with the brush and asks for "help".

Thanks,
ilpirata
ilpirata

Re: Rugs with fringe

Postby Wing Nut » January 7th, 2013, 6:40 pm

I'm not sure how helpful this is since I have a beater-only XV-11 Neato, but it doesn't usually get tangled in the 'fluffy frayed' 60 - 70mm fringe of a very thick rug - a rug so thick it can only climb onto it at an angle. However, it would constantly get caught and often need help when we had a much thinner rug with an 80 - 90mm long plaited cord-like fringe.

The latter situation was made worse by a nearby couch inhibiting Neato's 'backup and try again' strategy, but it occasionally happened even when it had plenty of space to manoeuvre. Other influences aside, I suspect somewhere around 75mm fringe length is the limit for a non-brush beater-only XV-11.
Neato XV-11 SW 2.0 Board Rev 113 / 3500mAh battery pack installed May 2013 / Pet & Allergy pack installed Sept 2013
Wing Nut
Robot Addict

Re: Rugs with fringe

Postby RoombaRules » January 7th, 2013, 10:10 pm

It will have a "where is Walter and did he leave the laboratory without pants?" routine.

Okay so maybe this would be pretty cool.

/Fringe jokes
There is no such thing as gravity, the Earth sucks.
RoombaRules
Forum Moderator

Return to Neato Robotics