Neato "Clear Path" Error—Just Dock it and Start Over?

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato "Clear Path" Error—Just Dock it and Start Over?

Postby nathanziarek » January 10th, 2013, 12:05 pm

First-time Neato owner, long-time lurker.

My Neato arrived yesterday with the 3.0blah firmware from Amazon. I got a great price on it through the Warehouse Deals section of the site (all because the corner of the packaging was ripped!).

I set it up, charged it (two hours has never felt so long) and set it on it's merry way.

The Neato got caught behind a chair that's wedged in a corner and need me to "clear the path". That's a little frustrating—I don't want to have to watch this thing non-stop—but OK. I picked up the chair and moved it out of the room (thinking I shouldn't move the Neato).

It hurried out of that corner without finishing it and proceeded under the desk, where it bumped into the waste basket and immediately stopped and asked for the path to be cleared again.

I picked it up, put it in the middle of the room and started it again. It drove to the nearest wall, turned and bumped the other chair and again stopped for me to clear it's path.

So, my question is: once Neato has been moved or had something moved to clear it's path, is it so confused that I should really just dock it and start over? Or, is there a better method?

All that aside, looking at the dust bin was enlightening. It only did one part of one room in my testing last night, but it did a really good job.

I tore up some little pieces of tissue and placed them around the house this morning to see if he gets all four rooms of this small house. I'm hoping he's more successful when he can do his little bits of craziness without me judging him :)
nathanziarek

Re: Neato "Clear Path" Error—Just Dock it and Start Over?

Postby craigbla » January 10th, 2013, 12:19 pm

The 1st few times I ran mine it needed to return to the base in a few minutes to recharge - made me think I had a bad battery but I let it charge a few times and now battery life seems ok.

Maybe what you are seeing is that it's trying to get back to the base and can't get there?
craigbla

Postby lip » January 11th, 2013, 12:39 pm

I have had my Neato (Costco version) for a few weeks now...has worked awesome up until today.
I got the "Clear Path" error and sometimes there was nothing at all in front of it.
It starts up after resetting and I noticed the battery was drained so I put it back on the charger and when charged I'll try it again...strange.
The room is not big and it's not carpet so usually there is half of the battery left after a vacuum...

I'll report back
lip

Postby lip » January 14th, 2013, 1:48 am

So I ran it again that day...Before I did I took the wheel cover off and the beater assembly off the pulley...noticed that a hard piece of pasta was jambed between a piece of the plastic assembly and the beater bar so I think this might have been the problem...after I cleaned it up I ran it again and there was no problem at all...
lip

Return to Neato Robotics