My Neato XV-15 sounds like a lawnmower after replacing brush

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

My Neato XV-15 sounds like a lawnmower after replacing brush

Postby nicolai » January 19th, 2013, 9:29 am

Hi,

My Neato works just like before changing the blade brush, but now the noise it makes is completely awful. It sounds like somebody is mowing lawn inside the house...but no, it's Neato. It's the best I can describe the sound as. It used to be smooth, vacuuming sound but now it's like a war is taking place in our home when Neato does it's job.

This started after I replaced the blade brush and the filter. I assembled everything like they're supposed to be (watched a video too), and I don't see anything being out of place. When I inserted the blade brush, I made sure the black thingy on the left side attached to it correctly. It's doing a good job but the noise is horrible.

What's wrong?
nicolai

Re: My Neato XV-15 sounds like a lawnmower after replacing b

Postby nicolai » January 19th, 2013, 10:18 am

Well, it appears that it's the new blade. It's identical to the old one, so what is wrong? I assembled that old one back and the problem is gone.
nicolai

Postby c.mueller » January 19th, 2013, 11:13 am

The new ones are not worn, more stiffness, slightly longer...
neato XV-15
c.mueller

Postby a4refillpad » January 19th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Blades on hardwood floor have always been very noisy with the original beater bar. Maybe you stopped noticing it on the old blades as they started getting softer and more worn. You could slice a little off (as per viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15923) or use a new brush bar which is renowned for making the neato quieter.
Just noticed there's someone selling a used one cheap on the sale board viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16615
current bots: Clebo Arte, Vorwerk VR-100 (one broken one new), Neato XV-25, Neato XV-12, Roomba 564, Evo Mint 2, Roomba 770, Hauzen VC-RE70V, Samsung SR8980, Karcher RC3000, Robomow RL350 (lawnmower)
previous bots: Samsung SR8845, Neato XV-15
a4refillpad
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics