My vision was blocked. Please press OKAY (3000)

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: My vision was blocked. Please press OKAY (3000)

Postby navegalio » October 17th, 2015, 5:56 pm

mljenkins wrote:When I removed my wheel, I used a small flat head screwdriver to pry up on it. It took a bit of force but it came off. The screwdriver back was rested over the plastic housing lip around the wheel. I would suggest putting the tip of the screwdriver as close to the center of the wheel when you pry to avoid potential damage. I think the wheel is fairly durable so it should survive the prying.

I've done it just following your instructions, and the wheel is already out! So for other users in the same step and so afraid of breaking the wheel as I was, I think this information will be very useful.

Thanks very much for your quick answer!
navegalio

Postby Rafaelrobyns » October 31st, 2015, 10:08 am

The only thing that has worked for me to fix this problem is updating or reinstalling the software.
Rafaelrobyns

Postby vic7767 » October 31st, 2015, 11:25 am

Rafaelrobyns wrote:The only thing that has worked for me to fix this problem is updating or reinstalling the software.
That may work in some situations but when the Lidar motor is defective then it must be replaced in order to spin the Lidar unit.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » November 8th, 2015, 5:21 pm

glnc222
Robot Master

Postby fanofrobots » November 9th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Thanks everyone for this thread, I also had the lidar problem on my signature and i was able to solve it because of all of your detailed posts and shares.
:thanks:
fanofrobots

Postby navegalio » November 11th, 2015, 5:39 am

Hi everybody,

I have very good news. Following my other messages, some weeks ago I disassembled as you know my XV-15 in order to change the Lidar motor.

I have been waiting for the new motor arrival till yesterday, as I bought it in a China shop and it lasted almost a whole month to arrive here (Spain).

Finally yesterday night I put the new motor on the Lidar unit, reassembled the XV-15, and... at this moment it is once again cleaning home!

As a comment, the hardest part to reassemble the XV-15 was to put properly the supports that go along with the sensors of the front bumper. Pay attention with that. If you put them incorrectly and then put the screws, you can even break these supports.

In any case, and as additional data, the Lidar motor that I bought was:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/131515182045?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I can confirm that this one works perfectly, at least for the XV-15.

Thanks again to everybody for this fantastic thread!
Last edited by navegalio on November 12th, 2015, 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
navegalio

Postby Z_Karma » November 11th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Created an account to post this, I also discovered that the brushes on my LIDAR DC motor were toast, causing the vision blocked error i would assume. Image http://i.imgur.com/wLUaQ5R.jpg

My plan is to buy the jameco motor (or 2) and splice in the harness from the defective motor.

Edit: Jameco has a minimum order of 10 bucks or they tack 5 bucks onto the order, The motors are ~4bucks
so in doing the math, i decided that i was too impatient to order a replacement from Jameco and precisely
soldered on some new contacts (inspired by phylsmith2004's post) to the brushes with some solder paste and a
stereoscope at work. The contacts are beryllium copper and should last a long time, but who knows.
My Neato can now see again.
Z_Karma

Postby boril » December 15th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Hello,

Can I use to neatocontrol to figure out if my botvac d85 lidar is working or not ? I got 3000 error, but I can see that LIDAR is spinning. I have to check with camera if laser is actually working.
Pets: Profimaster md 13202
Roomba 555
boril

Postby vic7767 » December 15th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Yes, the Neato Control program has a Lidar display page that can help determine how well it is working. It is suggested to keep the robot in a small area with equal distance to the 4 sides that the beam will hit. That way will help the operator of the program to see the actual area map and possibly see defective areas.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby VoronServer » January 27th, 2016, 4:16 pm

I also got this problem. For some reason I was able to fix it by returning BotVac to the charging base only. Then cleaner would be able to clean one room before the failure returns. That's it. Tried cleaning everything inside the device, all sensors, chatted with support... Nothing helps. And in general I was very careful with this device.

My D85 one lasted 2 month before error 3000 started to appear. It did cleaning every day.

Now exchanged to BotVac Connected. Will see if it is more reliable. So far so good. :cheers:
VoronServer

Postby glnc222 » January 30th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Replacement Motor RobotShop

RobotShop lists an XV replacement motor http://www.robotshop.com/en/neato-xv-rps-motor.html
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby VoronServer » January 31st, 2016, 3:51 pm

Does anybody with BotVac connected experience such error, BTW?
May we have a hope that it is fixed in the newest model?
VoronServer

Postby glnc222 » February 5th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Lidar Spin Bearing Replacement
For other problems with spinning the lidar a replacement of the main bearing is now available.
A sealed bearing replacement is at http://vic7767.com/neato-robotics-lidar-turret-replacement-bearing/
Latest addition to sealed bearing replacements for crude versions found in various places on different robots.
The preferred type for dust environments. They do wear out eventually, but what else can you do? Helicopters in deserts need lots of work.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » February 26th, 2016, 4:06 pm

German VR100 users (type of Neato not distributed outside Europe) have also been replacing worn lidar motors http://www.roboter-forum.com/showthread.php?10924-Vorwerk-VR100-Fehler-3000-Raumerkennung&p=142412#post142412
These motors were made for CD players and I wonder how good any of those players were. You'd think some sort of brushless motor would be used, but apparently not. Maybe better quality CD players are different.
Compact optical drives are too small to fit one of those motors, so maybe wrong about the motors.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby ethan1701 » March 14th, 2016, 9:57 am

My XV-11 started showing this error last week, and I noticed the turret was not spinning.
I read through this wonderful thread, took apart the robot, took the LIDAR assembly to a local Neato repair shop, and bought a replacement motor.
I hooked it up, connecting the black wire to the side of the motor marked with +.
Now the turret spins, but still slower than it should, and at an irregular speed.
After trying to scan 3 times, it fails and shows the error message again.

I really don't want to take the robot apart a 4th time (35 screws between me and the LIDAR assembly).
I suspect that the LIDAR is spinning in the wrong direction.
Can any of you tell me in what direction it's meant to rotate?

The motor I installed is physically identical to the original one. it has on it the following markings, about which Google is not very helpful:
R-327

Thanks for all the valuable information in this thread!
ethan1701

Postby vic7767 » March 14th, 2016, 10:13 am

The Lidar Turret should spin Counter clockwise.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » March 14th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Note frequent mention in the thread of reversing the wiring colors for proper direction.

Motor descriptions will be at the vendors sites or listings. Several sellers list the motors users have selected
RF-500TB-12560 (letters may not be important).
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby mfortuna » March 14th, 2016, 4:03 pm

The OEM motor is SRF-500CALYS-12560-R. The Jameco motor people have had success with is RF-500TB-12560. The letters may be somewhat important because they may describe options like a certain connector. The Jameco motor has no connector. It is kind of troubling your part number is so different.

You appear to have hooked it up right. Black goes to + on the OEM motor.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby ethan1701 » March 17th, 2016, 4:28 pm

So I just switched the polarity, and now the robot worked. Kinda.
It drove out of its base, cleaned the area immediately around it, declared victory and tried driving back to its base like a drunkard on St. Patrick's day.
I read that this happened to others, too. That after replacing the motor the robot doesn't work the same.
Is there any way to fix this? Anything I should check, or try to adjust?

Interesting aside regarding the polariry:
I pulled out the wires to the motor, and accidentally pulled the plastic socket right off of the circuit board. So instead of having to re-solder the wires to the motor, I simply flipped around the plastic connector, and reattached the motor.
If you ever need to reverse the polarity of the motor, I sugest you try this, with caution.
ethan1701

Postby RC3 » March 18th, 2016, 2:09 pm

I would check the robot with the Neato Control program, it will show you lots of info, and lets you test motors, Lidar etc. Seems you have a simliar problem that I had, the bot seems to in some kind of spot cleaning mode, Neato Control will show if all the sensors are working. In my case the Wall sensor did not work, so the robot thought it was cleaning along a wall.... The wires on the sensor contact(wall sensor under the top lid of the XV) was ripped out a bit(maybe from the bumper beeing activated over 16 months...). Fixed the wires, and now it's working like before. Check the sensor value, it shall not be negative, mine was -24).
RC3

PreviousNext

Return to Neato Robotics