My vision was blocked. Please press OKAY (3000)

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: My vision was blocked. Please press OKAY (3000)

Postby Tuete1977 » April 29th, 2014, 8:14 am

Hi, I`m Jörg from germany and looking for the motor which spins up the lidar unit. I dissambled the motor and saw that the brushes had been burned.
Is there a possibility to get a replacement motor which works?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my not so good english.
Tuete1977

Postby ottoangel » May 1st, 2014, 9:25 am

I am also interested in a motor.
ottoangel

Postby webster » May 27th, 2014, 3:23 am

me too
webster

Postby webster » May 28th, 2014, 1:51 am

I have found this one RF-500TB-12560-R.
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2173044_-1
On my LIDAR-Motor is SRF-500CALYS-12560-R

Anybody knows the difference?

What is other between SRF and RF or TB and CALYS?
webster

Postby mfortuna » May 28th, 2014, 7:49 am

My guess is the SRF motor is a special version for Neato. For example, it could be it just comes with a certain connector. The 12560 portion of the part number is important as it defines the RPM and voltage. I would say for the price you could at least try the jameco motor.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby phylsmith2004 » September 21st, 2014, 8:30 pm

Kinja identified the problem I was having, that is that the brushes were destroyed in the lidar scanning motor.
I thought I would show how I repaired the motor using scrap spring metal from the rewind spring of an old broken tape measure. To remove the broken brushes
img1.jpg
, open the motor casing by straighenting the body fastener tabs and prying the commutator/bearing assembly off
img2.jpg
. I had to clean the solder off of the contacts, straighten the contacts and propel the contacts down from the top and pull the broken brushes out from the bottom
img3.jpg
. I cut the ribbon spring metal into small spring contact strips of similar size to the original brush design
img4.jpg
and pressed them into the original tab slot along side a small copper wire pushed into the case which pins the metal strip and creates a solder contact
img5.jpg
. VIP - the polarity came out wrong so in last picture, the red and black wires have to be switched. My Lidar and Neato XV-11 now work perfectly after using at least 5 times but only time will tell how long it will last.
phylsmith2004

Postby Freezer » November 4th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Repling to "mfortuna" in refernce to "The 12560 portion of the part number is important as it defines the RPM and voltage". I purchased a JameCo PN: 2173044 and until I saw your post (after I recieved the motor) I figured that it would work. Don't quote me on this but I remember getting this PN as a direct replacement.

For the rest of YUNS!

I can confirm that the burn motor brushes was the exact problem. I repaired them once, but then 3000 error came back a few months later.

With that said, my XV-21 runs great...well...except that "Ralph" seems to be lost all the time :roll:

Any suggestions or confirmations? :cheers:
Freezer

Postby glnc222 » November 4th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Ebay used Neato lidar motor working $35
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neato-Vacuum-XV-Working-LIDAR-motor-USED-original-parts-/111503804507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f625085b
(same seller I got a wheel from just to examine the tread replacement; has a few parts now and then from disassemblies)
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby vic7767 » November 4th, 2014, 11:31 pm

I've wired the JameCo PN: 2173044 motor to several Lidar units and they work just fine. The only issue is that you have to remove and solder the original connector from the old defective motor and make sure that the black lead is wired to the ( + ) marking on the replacement motor.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Kinga » November 5th, 2014, 12:30 am

Came by to post about the motor on EBay but see I am too slow :)

Freezer, when you say Ralph is lost, do you mean he sort of just sits there rotating and moving only short distances? That is what James does since I replaced HIS motor (though i used a different motor). I wonder if I got the polarity wrong like Vic warned...

Time to dust him off and do another experiment or buy one of those 2173044 motors
Kinga

Postby Gordon » November 5th, 2014, 12:19 pm

@Kinga,
@Freezer: The induced misbehavior seen in your repaired Neatos just might be related to what F_Robot reported about elevation pointing shift while remounting Neato's LDS assembly.
Gordon
Robot Master

Postby Kinga » November 5th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Not sure that that behaviour matches mine. I will check polarity, reassemble and observe and report back.
Kinga

Postby Freezer » November 5th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Copy all and will re-evaluate and report back :)
Freezer

Postby Freezer » November 9th, 2014, 11:06 am

I found something unexpected. In the attached picture you see the shiny little thingy, I noticed it was missing from the drive wheel ground contact relay & I found the USB port cover between Lidar belt and drive motor. Not sure if this happened when I assembled it a few months ago or happened when I was taking apart today but, of that spot-on saying; "Attention to details". Lets me see how this thing works now.

Just a couple helpful notes that I've learned over the years. If you have to push tuck and wires away, don't use a screwdriver. Consider the fact that most screwdrivers have sharp edges which can damage to the wire insulation, and guess what, they put that on there for a reason. :D It seems simple to some of us but to others it never moces to mind until its too late. Another suggestion is to take a picture before disassembling or step through it as your cranking screws and flipping panels. :cheers:
Attachments
Neto FAIL.jpg
Neto FAIL.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 10451 times
Freezer

Postby Gordon » November 9th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Hello Freezer:
Freezer wrote:...In the attached picture you see the shiny little thingy, I noticed it was missing from the drive wheel ground contact relay...
The "shiny little thingy" is the spring-steel actuator arm for SW4 (switch-4) -- a snap action switch [a.k.a., Micro-switch]). With no actuator arm present a digital error (in the XV series) like this would be reported: "SNSR_LEFT_WHEEL_EXTENDED".{edited to remove wrong switch-state info, and to conform with glnc222's experience. Posted next. Sorry for my goof, ladies & gentlemen.}
That actuator may be re-fitted to the switch-body with ease. Perhaps, you have already accomplished that replacement.
... & I found the USB port cover between Lidar belt and drive motor. ...
It is nice that NRInc decided to keep dust out of that USB jack!
... If you have to push tuck and wires away, don't use a screwdriver. Consider the fact that most screwdrivers have sharp edges which can damage to the wire insulation,...
Spot on! Little time is required to shave a flat-screwdriver shape on the end of a wood stick, to serve as a wire pusher.
Another suggestion is to take a picture before disassembling or step through it as your cranking screws and flipping panels. :cheers:
Highly recommended!
Last edited by Gordon on November 9th, 2014, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » November 9th, 2014, 3:28 pm

The microswitch lever arm is shown in Disassembly Precautions
http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16021&p=108527&hilit=disassembly+precautions#p108527
Not really necessary. Pressed when wheels fully extended -- off the floor, annoying "put me down" complaint ... Levers cannot always be reattached, varies. Can send you one if needed; switches on ebay.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Freezer » November 10th, 2014, 8:48 am

GOOD NEWS!! "vic7767" hit the nail on the head. MAKE SURE THE POLARITY IS CORRECT (IE: the Lidar dome has to be turning the correct direction so that the programming can react properly. "Ralph" is sucking it up like he used to.
Also, Just another note/issue that I ran into during my 102 degree sickness haze :roll: if you re-assemble and then receive a error (0005) and something about a battery issue. Double check all of your plugs. Say maybe the Lidar power plug is in the wrong jack :think: There just happens to be 2 different jacks on the main board for that type plug. The correct one is the jack closer to the Lidar drive motor.

Thank you forum for all of your assistance and I hope this helps in the future! :clap:
Freezer

Postby 308Tom » November 16th, 2014, 4:14 pm

My problem was simply solved - apparently the vision was really blocked and cleaning the lenses cured the problem.

This is the note I got from Neato Tech Support:

Located on top of your Neato inside of the round turret there are two lenses. Those are how your Neato maps out a room.

If you can take a can of compressed air and/or a QTIP and clean those, also give them a spin 5 times to the left and 5 times to the right.

Then, I’d like to try Power Cycling your Neato by pressing and holding the start button for 15-20 seconds. While doing so, you should see the Neato power On and Off about 3 times.

Now, try running a Spot or House clean on your Neato, and see if the error persists.

I did this and now the little guy is driving around and doing his job.
308Tom

Postby Rowban » November 29th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Thanks to this thread i have located the source of my Neato XV-15 (Europe model), the lidar motor is broken and i just want to add there is a really cheap replacement motor that will fit perfect here on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221209189111?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Since i am European it was much cheaper then getting the one from JameCo PN: 2173044 motor.

I hope this helps someone else.
Rowban

Postby glnc222 » November 29th, 2014, 11:51 pm

How do you transfer the pulley between motors?

[edit] Replacement Lidar drive belt -- O-ring Lidar drive belt -- O-ring 85x2mm nitrile NBR with 70 hardness. Ebay and Aliexpress.
Last edited by glnc222 on August 13th, 2016, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glnc222
Robot Master

PreviousNext

Return to Neato Robotics