Neato XV Signature Pro: Battery Error (0002)

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato XV Signature Pro: Battery Error (0002)

Postby michael.stollaire » July 4th, 2013, 2:29 am

Gurus:

I just received my brand new Neato XV Signature Pro from Amazon, plugged it in and promptly get an error when charging at the base, Battery Error (0002), Press [OK] to restart. I Googled around, and found some articles about unscrewing the two battery cases on the bottom of the machine, making sure they were well seated, disconnecting and reconnecting them, etc.

In short, nothing works.

I would update the firmware, but why the top of the line 2013 Neato unit comes with mini USB versus the current micro USB, I have no idea. So, I have to wait 3-7 days for that to arrive from Amazon, before I attempt that.

Has anyone encountered this, and if so, what is the fix, except for returning the unit and getting a new one?

Thanks,

~ Mike
michael.stollaire

Re: Neato XV Signature Pro: Battery Error (0002)

Postby invenio » July 4th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Looks like Neato hasn't worked out the reliability bugs with the newer model.

I would send it back.

Also, depending on how much you paid at amazon (I see it listed as $450). You may want to get an XV-11 from walmart for $220 with free shipping ($250 with the pet kit). A 3 year warranty is an extra $28. It's essentially the same robot. Maybe just buy two for less than what the signature pro costs, and it will clean your house twice as fast!
Robot: Neato Robotics XV-11 (with Vic's HEPA filter mod)
invenio
Robot Addict

Postby michael.stollaire » July 4th, 2013, 1:15 pm

OK, I will wait a little longer, and see what Neato's support has to say, and we will ship it back if necessary. We attempted an XV-11 from Costco, but the suction, etc. was not up to par, which is why we returned that, and ordered the top-of-the-line model. The new vacuum power and allergen filters are very important for us, with a one-year-old in the house. Thanks for the quick reply!
michael.stollaire

Postby invenio » July 4th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Cool.

If you looking for a good filter, you may want to buy Vic's Hepa filter mod. As I understand it, Neato's filter's are still not hepa certified. He charges only $15 for one (which includes shipping) and it really nice.

Hope it all works out, keep us informed! :)
invenio
Robot Addict

Postby michael.stollaire » July 4th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Where would I get the Vic's hepa filter mod?
michael.stollaire

Postby vic7767 » July 4th, 2013, 2:25 pm

michael.stollaire wrote:Where would I get the Vic's hepa filter mod?

Just head over here and scroll down the page until you locate the HEPA filter info: http://www.vic7767.com/neato-xv-11-xv-1 ... any-parts/
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby michael.stollaire » July 4th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Thanks. Will the modification work on my XV Signature Pro, given this:

"HEPA filters for your XV-11, XV-12 model Neato"

???
michael.stollaire

Postby invenio » July 4th, 2013, 3:02 pm

It will as the size and shape of the dust bins are the same for all Neato units.
invenio
Robot Addict

Postby michael.stollaire » July 4th, 2013, 3:03 pm

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Neato Technical Support, very pleasantly surprised that they had their call center staffed on Independence Day.

In short, here is the fix:

1. Open the dust bin

2. On the left hand side there is an On/Off switch that is almost impossible to see unless pointed out (especially since it is undocumented in the instructions)

3. By default it is Off, and this indicates to the robot to only operate on one battery.

4. Turn the switch On

5. Charge the robot

Now, the XV Signature Pro is running on two batteries instead of one.

Yes, I asked him to create a KB/FAQ article for the official Neato support site.

Voila! :)

~ Mike
michael.stollaire

Postby vic7767 » July 4th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Yes, the HEPA filter mod will fit ALL Neato models.

Also that charging issue you experienced has been posted here before but not with the Pro model that you purchased and that may be why no-one posted in this thread about the hidden on/off switch in the dust bin cavity. Glad to read of your success.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby a4refillpad » July 4th, 2013, 8:38 pm

michael.stollaire wrote:The new vacuum power and allergen filters are very important for us, with a one-year-old in the house.

Sorry to point this out but neato rescinded the announcement regarding increased vacuum power. The only difference in model between the previous models and the signature is colour and the inclusion of different filters and/or brushbars
Neato facebook: wrote:Neato Robotics: Hi Berry - you are absolutely correct. when the Neato Signature series was announced, there was a hardware change that enabled 50% more dust pickup. However after more testing, we were not happy with the performance on multiple floor types so the decision was made to not make the hardware change. So the Signature series dust/dirt performance is the same as other Neato models and performs well on all floor types. Hope this clears it up. Thanks for inquiring.

I got the below from them when I asked them to differentiate the pro with the xv21!
NeatoRobotics Twitter wrote:‏@NeatoRobotics 15 May
@a4refillpad Hi! Yes the difference is color and the Signature Pro comes with 2 high-performance filters. (The XV-21 comes with 1.) Thanks!

2 filters instead of 1! wow really worth the markup in price for 1 extra filter? The black is nice though.
Last edited by a4refillpad on July 4th, 2013, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
current bots: Clebo Arte, Vorwerk VR-100 (one broken one new), Neato XV-25, Neato XV-12, Roomba 564, Evo Mint 2, Roomba 770, Hauzen VC-RE70V, Samsung SR8980, Karcher RC3000, Robomow RL350 (lawnmower)
previous bots: Samsung SR8845, Neato XV-15
a4refillpad
Robot Addict

Postby invenio » July 4th, 2013, 8:42 pm

I thought this as well, but didn't want to burst anybody's bubble. I think pretty much all the Neato models are essentially the same, +/- pet brush and filter. Basically choose the color you like.
invenio
Robot Addict

Postby jin7 » July 5th, 2013, 2:02 am

michael.stollaire wrote:UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Neato Technical Support, very pleasantly surprised that they had their call center staffed on Independence Day.

In short, here is the fix:

1. Open the dust bin

2. On the left hand side there is an On/Off switch that is almost impossible to see unless pointed out (especially since it is undocumented in the instructions)

3. By default it is Off, and this indicates to the robot to only operate on one battery.

4. Turn the switch On

5. Charge the robot

Now, the XV Signature Pro is running on two batteries instead of one.

Yes, I asked him to create a KB/FAQ article for the official Neato support site.

Voila! :)

~ Mike

The leaflet that comes with the signature pro explicitly points this out.
Owner of:
LG Roboking VR5902LVM
VR6170LVM
VR6270LVM Square
IRobot Scooba 385
Neato XV-SP
jin7
Robot Groupie

Postby neat99 » July 5th, 2013, 4:54 am

Mike if possible, can u show a photo of the switch location?
neat99

Postby jin7 » July 5th, 2013, 12:19 pm

michael.stollaire wrote:2. On the left hand side there is an On/Off switch that is almost impossible to see unless pointed out (especially since it is undocumented in the instructions)

neat99 wrote:Mike if possible, can u show a photo of the switch location?

Owner of:
LG Roboking VR5902LVM
VR6170LVM
VR6270LVM Square
IRobot Scooba 385
Neato XV-SP
jin7
Robot Groupie

Postby michael.stollaire » July 5th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Guess who didn't get that documentation with the unit? ;) Everyone here is still sleeping, and I can get a photo to you later, if you still want it. Also, please be advised that the firmware of the Signature may be different than the XV-21. I will find out as soon as I get the USB mini cable from Amazon that was just shipped. Why Canon and Neato still use USB mini, I have no idea. Where's the petition or enhancement request to get WiFi included in the next Signature Pro?
michael.stollaire

Postby a4refillpad » July 5th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Lol Wifi? We'd be happy with any new features added to the range. So far all neato have changed are accessories (filter and brushbar) and the colours! Difficult to get too excited each time they launch a new colour.
current bots: Clebo Arte, Vorwerk VR-100 (one broken one new), Neato XV-25, Neato XV-12, Roomba 564, Evo Mint 2, Roomba 770, Hauzen VC-RE70V, Samsung SR8980, Karcher RC3000, Robomow RL350 (lawnmower)
previous bots: Samsung SR8845, Neato XV-15
a4refillpad
Robot Addict

Postby michael.stollaire » July 5th, 2013, 12:45 pm

It seems that they've caught Jobs-itis. No new features, just thinner future versions in a rainbow of colors. Improvements? Who needs 'em! LOL ;)
michael.stollaire

Postby invenio » July 5th, 2013, 12:50 pm

a4refillpad wrote:Lol Wifi? We'd be happy with any new features added to the range. So far all neato have changed are accessories (filter and brushbar) and the colours! Difficult to get too excited each time they launch a new colour.

Totally agree.
invenio
Robot Addict

Postby waxdass » July 7th, 2014, 9:40 pm

Hi guys,

First post here. So I picked up a Signature Pro from Amazon last week. Has worked well, and I honestly can't fault it considering what it is.
Yesterday however I noticed a fault come up on screen - Battery Error (0002). So i pressed OK, and it reset. (clock reset). I put it back on dock, and the fault came up again. I did this about 3 times, then I switched the switch from 'ON' to 'Off' and then back to 'ON' again.
The neato was already switched to 'ON' before I started using it.

The error did not come back up when I re-docked it.

I did read on another forum that the issue is possibly the actual AC to DC converter. Can anyone here back this up?
I'm considering buying a replacement 21v DC transformer.

cheers
waxdass

Next

Return to Neato Robotics