NeatoControl - program for diagnostic neato robots

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: NeatoControl - program for diagnostic neato robots

Postby glnc222 » June 25th, 2017, 4:46 pm

All the data shown on the LCD is delivered over USB to Neato Control.
Neato's do not work with the LCD disconnected, so how much the LCD can be defective and the system still work is not clear. Some units have been run with the LCD blank. Other threads detail LCD replacement.
The small buttons on the LCD panel are coupled together with resistors to combine signals on one wire with different voltages for each button, so disconnecting will probably deliver an out of range voltage rejected by the software.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby filipemonte » July 8th, 2017, 7:56 pm

It worked for more than 6 months with the blanck LCD.
How can i see what it should say in my pc?
filipemonte

Postby glnc222 » July 8th, 2017, 10:37 pm

See the Neato Programming manual link top of main forum page, and in Mods & Repairs list. Neato supports a text command language over USB usable with a terminal emulator such as Tera term, hyperterminal etc., with a driver from the Neato website. All user set parameters covered. Look through the commands. The Neato Control Program here supplies a graphical interface to the text commands, fancy features, some parameters displayed automatically. Text commands can also be issued within Neato Control.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby robotvv » October 29th, 2017, 12:50 am

New user here and am trying to install this program on my PC but my anti virus scanner warned that this program contains an Adware. I downloaded this from the link in the first post. Did that latest version got contaminated somehow?
robotvv

Postby glnc222 » October 31st, 2017, 1:00 pm

Look for links in this thread to older versions of the program and see if they also get flagged for adware. Also see what specific adware security software identifies. Try the free Spybot program on it. This has never happend to this program before.
glnc222
Robot Master

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics