Neato Botvac 80 very stupid - having issues

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Neato Botvac 80 very stupid - having issues

Postby neato-fan » April 4th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Thanks for the info. I think disassembly is the easiest way to rebuilt those switches. With equivalent of Exacto knife cut the plastic pins flash with cover, pull on plunger, it will open. The issue is small crystals forming in the center. It is easy to remove just wipe. I used electric cleaner/grease to clean with ear tips and then wiped it with some watchmaker thing called "rodico" (very inexpensive Egyptian thing) - it would remove oil and any fiber contamination. Then just reassembled (the cover will snap on pins and will be held closed) and then used tiny quick set epoxy dubs to secure cover on top of the cut off plastic pins. Good Luck!
neato-fan

Re: Neato Botvac 80 very stupid - having issues

Postby glnc222 » April 5th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Re multi-pin desoldering with Low Temp solder, TechGuy prior post http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?p=139518#p139518
I wonder how a replacement for the removed IC shown in the video would be soldered in, with all those tiny pins. Removal seems easier. Can this be done manually? It is all done with solder paste and an oven in factory, right?
glnc222
Robot Master

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics