Botvac Side Brush Drive Belt

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Botvac Side Brush Drive Belt

Postby wamcneil » December 17th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Hi All,
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I wanted to post an alternative O-Ring that I sourced locally.
My original o-ring measured out pretty close to 2mm, but figured I would have a hard time finding metric O-rings locally and didn't want to wait for one to be shipped. So I found one at the local Ace that is pretty close and seems to work fine.
They carry a 1-1/8" OD x 1" ID x 1/16" CS O-ring that is closer to 2mm CS than I would have thought. This one is Danco brand #81 "O" Ring Stock Number 35713B.
It turns out that standard O-rings are listed at "nominal" size, and a 1/16" nominal O-ring is actually 0.070", which is about 1.8mm.
wamcneil

Postby glnc222 » May 1st, 2017, 7:40 pm

A German poster reported the Vorwerk VR100 replacement side brush belt is labeled 26 x 2 mm. Botvac could be different. Measure the old belt, drawing a circle with a compass.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby grantb5 » September 2nd, 2018, 5:24 pm

I just finished this. D85 model I think. Anyway I got the vacuum at Best Buy in the US when there was a sale and also applied a coupon so it was a great deal. Belt operation took the better part of a morning, probably all morning if you factor in the part ordering and research.

I used this part and it is identical to the original as far as I can tell so I figure it's good for one or two years:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neato-Botvac-O ... 3255591810

I'm sure it will be somewhat faster to do next time. So far I've replaced the battery, the brush, the filter, now the side brush and belt and I also bought a new bumper to experiment with lowering and that worked out OK. The beast is pretty needy but still better than vacuuming all the time.
grantb5

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics