Botvac with LiFePo4 mod

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Botvac with LiFePo4 mod

Postby glnc222 » December 31st, 2016, 1:54 pm

Great news. According to the battery literature, those cells could last several times the life of other lithium chemistries, besides being inherently fireproof, and might last the lifetime of the robot. Too bad there is no commercial supplier for that type of pack for the Botvac. It takes too many cells (15 in a 5 series compared to 4 in regular lithium, 3 parallel) for the XV series vacuum, where only 12 fit in the compartments (from the lower energy density, lower cell capacities).
[edit] Note this battery is for the original Botvac supplied with NiMh battery, not the Connected supplied with lithium battery at higher voltage (I think; needs checking).
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby shirgal » January 1st, 2017, 5:37 pm

Happy new year and Great job for the modding :clap: i really need to make a few sets soon.

glnc222 wrote:[edit] Note this battery is for the original Botvac supplied with NiMh battery, not the Connected supplied with lithium battery at higher voltage (I think; needs checking).

As for this mod i think it might work well in the newer model.
Base charger that came with D series and connected model is compatible with Nimh battery,
The pcb inside is 2nd generation and has been modified from the 1st model,
Works with Neato p/n:205-0012,and LI-ION p/n 205-0011,
Check out the print from the base label here.
Attachments
botvac d base .jpg
shirgal
Robot Addict

Postby Clark » October 8th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Hi there! This thread is gold and I intend to build my own set of two batteries today.
How's it holding up?
Clark

Postby carrierlost » October 9th, 2018, 5:42 am

Clark wrote:Hi there! This thread is gold and I intend to build my own set of two batteries today.
How's it holding up?

Battery is still going strong. Will probably outlast the other components. I have already replaced two of the bump-switches and lately lidar has been acting up sometimes refusing to start - probably the motor or belt.
carrierlost

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics