I am working on a 18 months Botvac
with a 18 months battery. It keeps saying open bin and push button down.
- The on/off switch in the bin compartment is working as I can turn on/off battery power to/from Botvac
- I took the battery out. The no load battery voltage was 15V.
- I charged the battery externally using an 18V power supply for 10 minutes. The battery warmed up. Disconnected the external power supply. The battery no load voltage was 16V.
- Put the externally charged battery back to Botvac
. Botvac stopped
saying open bin and push button down. Left it charging by Botvac
- Started a cleaning mission next day. The battery ran Botvac
for an hour before looking for the dock.
- But Botvac
was not working right. It went over the same area over and over again. Sometime, it said please clear my path. But nothing was in front of it. My XV Signature finishes this floor in 45 minute. After an hour, Botvac
was still cleaning and was looking for dock. But it was not be able to dock properly. I put it at the dock. It continued to clean for another hour and could not dock the second time. Put put at the dock again. After charging, it went cleaning for another hour. Botvac
went over the same area over and over again during the second and third cleaning.
- I was busy and left it charging at the dock. For the last few days, I started it once every day. It did the same thing for an hour.
- After reading about the clear my path and Neato confused threads on this forum, I decided to turn off the Neato for 5 hours by turning off the switch at the bin and hoping it will fixed the Neato confused and clear my path problem.
- After turning the bin switch back on, it kept saying open bin and push button to on again. I took the battery out and the no load battery voltage was 15V again. I charged it for 10 minutes using an external charger. It is charging happily without saying another open bin message.
- After the home button turn green, I hit the spot button. It worked normally like my good XV Signature.
- Then, I started a normal mission. It clean systematically for about 25 minutes. It started to wondering around and went back the location previously cleaned area. After 50 minutes, it only cleaned half of the area. I put it back at the dock and went to bed.
1. The battery was able to run the Botvac
for an hour at a time. Why Botvac
was not able to charge it after the battery was disconnected for a few hours?
2. Can I change some battery parameter(s) using setconfigure command so that it will charge the battery around 15V?
3. This Botvac
may be confused by the dining room table and chair. But my XV Signature has no problem navigating the legs.