My kitchen shortcuts my Connected

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: My kitchen shortcuts my Connected

Postby glnc222 » June 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Shorting the charging contacts can also occur against metal furniture legs, brushed aluminum, chrome etc.
A German user used foam pads on the rear to prevent contact with walls or furniture while still allowing charger contact. German roboter-forum pics
http://www.roboter-forum.com/showthread.php?22176-MOD-Ladekontaktekurzschluss
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Pumbi » November 30th, 2017, 8:27 am

The picture from the german site
Attachments
WP_20170627_20_11_59_Pro.jpg
Pumbi

Postby pdjms1 » Today, 3:57 pm

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse but I believe I have recently come to a similar issue but one that has caused in the failure of a diode or some other component. My botvac Connected now stops about 18 inches from the base at a slight angle and claims its charging when it is not. What I am thinking is there is a diode that should sense a load when the bot is close enough to the charging station so the vac knows when to stop moving (i.e. successful dock procedure). When I called a fix your robot service they said it was likely related to this issue (static discharge back feeding into the system causing a short in the Mother board) and it would likely be about $100 + shipping both ways. While this isn't terrible when comparing to the purchase of a new unit... I would like to try my luck out at fixing it myself and dusting off my old blinky board skills. Is there a thread that has information on how to fix the "phantom charging" (as I have heard it called) in a botvac connected?

Thanks in advance, seeing the responses on other posts while trying to find the answers to my issue has revealed a very informed and helpful community here.
pdjms1

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics