Neato XV signature dust collecting outside bin

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato XV signature dust collecting outside bin

Postby andrew881 » January 15th, 2017, 4:31 am

In these last days I have noticed that dust and hair collects outside the bin and far from the filter, in the hole (inside the robot) which brings dirt to the dust bin. So when I open the dust bin it is almost empty. I am wondering if it is a problem of power of aspiration or some other reason. I have cleaned the filter and changed it too and the problem is still there.
andrew881
Robot Addict

Re: Neato XV signature dust collecting outside bin

Postby JEfromCanada » January 15th, 2017, 7:33 am

It sounds to me like lack of suction. I would expect with the symptoms you describe that there may also be an accumulation of debris on the brushes as well. If your brushes are clogged with too much debris, they may be causing the Neato to not maintain good contact with the ground, reducing the efficiency of the suction as well.

Also, have you checked the incoming port for obstructions that might be causing debris to get snagged?
Current robots:
Roomba Discovery 4210 (R.I.P. - Freecycled)
Roomba 560 (retired)
Neato XV-11 SW version 3.1.17844, LDS version 2.6.15295, with Pet Brush and Vic's filter (sold)
Neato Botvac 80 SW version 1.1.97, LDS version 2.6.15295, Board SW version 22753
JEfromCanada
Robot Addict

Postby andrew881 » March 6th, 2017, 7:01 am

JEfromCanada wrote:It sounds to me like lack of suction. I would expect with the symptoms you describe that there may also be an accumulation of debris on the brushes as well. If your brushes are clogged with too much debris, they may be causing the Neato to not maintain good contact with the ground, reducing the efficiency of the suction as well.

Also, have you checked the incoming port for obstructions that might be causing debris to get snagged?

I clean the brushes every time since they collect a lot of hair and dust. There is no obstruction in the port. I have just ordered new filters hoping that was the problem.
andrew881
Robot Addict

Postby TechGuy » March 6th, 2017, 1:25 pm

We know the following:
1. Brush is working.
2. There is nothing blocking the hole going into the dust bin.
3. Debris stays at the dust bin entrance hole.

Is there any suction air coming out from the back of your Neato?

Brush is doing its job by sending dust/hair/debris toward the dust bin hole. If the suction motor is not working, the debris will stay at the entrance hole. Getting a new filter may help if the suction motor is operated marginally. Check the suction motor first.
Charging battery directly: 400 Series, 500 Series,. How to Desolder
For Sale: Black CHM 2 Ball Bearings set
TechGuy
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics