Having problems with Neato Botvac D5 Connected

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Having problems with Neato Botvac D5 Connected

Postby miknix » May 26th, 2019, 7:11 pm

miknix wrote:
SpiderSpartan wrote:I've not had any issues with connectivity on mine, just it failing to run and asking to be rebooted with no specific error message. I think my issue is related to the accelerometer, because if I give it a gentle kick at just the right time when it's starting it actually runs. It's a real shame Neato can't seem to figure out their hardware, because I really like the cleaning logic. I'm also not to happy that they don't offer any in house repair services. Now I have to decide if I really want to send my bot to a 3rd party repair shop.

@SpiderSpartan mine too is throwing the "reboot me" error immediately when I launch a vacuuming session, it doesn't even move or make any noise (besides the error beeping sound)! Have you found a solution? I'll try checking tonight if mine also starts moving if I give it a gentle push like you do.

So it turns out the aforementioned trick works!
I basically just pushed the robot at the same time I started a vaccuming in the app and after 3 attempts, the robot just started operating the brushes, moving and doing a vacuuming for the first time!

It's been a week now and the robot is operating normally without intervention. I even reset the robot and the "reboot me" error doesn't show up anymore!
miknix

Postby seasleeve » June 22nd, 2019, 12:06 am

The fault of my D5 Connected is almost identical to the one described in this post, and I do not know the specific cause of the fault

http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20145
seasleeve

Postby Consuelarobot » June 22nd, 2019, 8:25 pm

My D5 was doing the 3 starts and reboot thing too.. i checked the lazer eye, and it wasnt spinning.. so I started it again and used a small screwdriver to force the laser wheel to turn. And it took off spinning like it was stuck.. and now it is vacuuming like it should be
Consuelarobot

Postby Brett » June 22nd, 2019, 10:11 pm

There is a problem with early versions with the new smaller motor. At some point in the "Connected" production run they changed from the old bigger motor in the side location to the smaller motor and different "belt" in the rear location. They first left the holes in the motor open. See pic. Specs of dust that enter the dome lie on the black tray and wonder around with vibration and make their way into the motor, jamming the fine tolerances in there. They realised this at some point and now have a "sticker" closing the holes.

I have had success with using tape - either removing the motor and taping it, but even a small round piece shaped to fit in the hole in the tray.

(-8
Attachments
MotorPlug.jpg
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics