Botvac Connected price drop

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Botvac Connected price drop

Postby joncrocks » February 16th, 2017, 5:33 am

Well I was having a problem with my old D85 (a 3000 lidar issue), and Amazon are thankfully taking it back.

But as my flat is getting dustier by the day, I'm looking for a replacement. Looking at the Botvac Connected and the D5, I could see prices were a but variable, but on Amazon at least the Connected was around £550 and the D5 £600 (I'm in the UK). This surprised me slightly as I thought Neato were still touting the Connected as their 'top-of-the-line' cleaner.

But imagine my surprise when the price of the Connected dropped to £400 yesterday! Which opens up around a £200 gulf between the models, and I noted that Argos (another reasonably big UK retailer) also offering the Connected at £400, so I'm not sure it's just a glitch in the Amazon-atrix.

Do the retailers know something we don't know? Is this a promotion or representative of them starting to phase out the original Connecteds?
joncrocks

Re: Botvac Connected price drop

Postby calypso » February 20th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Also noticed price drops on the connected popping up all over. Maybe the Connected is reaching end of life, was previously mentioned in this forum that the D3/D5 were taking things forward and that the Connected used an aging chipset.
calypso

Return to Neato Robotics