Neato Botvac D75 Dead

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato Botvac D75 Dead

Postby lawnm » March 17th, 2017, 11:28 am

I got the vacuum about 6 months ago. For 3 months, I've been having to adjust the power cord on the charging station so the vacuum recharges. Sometimes it's dead the next morning and I have to wiggle the cord again and only then the robot starts charging again. Now the robot doesn't turn on at all anymore, not via USB or the dock, no lights, completely dead and it's not charging. So which is more likely, the cord being faulty or the station itself? I don't have another one of those cables to try. If I bring it to the shop where I got it from, will they replace the dock and cable? I'm not so sure it could be the robot itself.
lawnm

Re: Neato Botvac D75 Dead

Postby glnc222 » March 17th, 2017, 2:39 pm

The power cord on the dock is a standard appliance cord, sold on ebay etc. with different plugs for different countries. They come in two prong and three prong types. Used on laptops, printers, etc. The end is soldered inside the dock or attached through a standard type of plug on that end. I do not know exactly which part these Botvac docks have, you can compare to pictures in catalogs.
The entire cords are no more expensive than the plug adapters for different countries.

Sounds like your dock is defective in this part and should be replaced, unless you like repairing things yourself. It should be under warranty. The problem could be in the dock connector and not in the cord -- depending on which wiggle makes it work.
glnc222
Robot Master

Re: Neato Botvac D75 Dead

Postby lawnm » March 29th, 2017, 10:07 am

New dock and cord didn't help. Getting a new robot under warranty.
lawnm

Return to Neato Robotics