Neato Signature Error 4000

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato Signature Error 4000

Postby doron » March 24th, 2017, 8:51 am

Hi,

My Neato signature After 20-30 minutes give a msg: My Vision is Block ERROR 4000.

I replaced to New batteries but it is not fix the problem.

I test the LDS with Neato Control Software and i see that the LDS start to see a wall at 0.5meter and lower.

The LDS rotate OK.

Can anyone advise what is the problem ?

Thanks,

Doron
doron

Re: Neato Signature Error 4000

Postby glnc222 » March 25th, 2017, 4:50 pm

More detail is needed. Did the robot run once for 20 minutes or does it always run 20 minutes in repeated trials?

Does the Neato Control scan show red error lines? There is also a log file of lidar error messages with text command GetLifeStatLog, GetSysLog. Text appears in some messages obviously related to the lidar, such as "sun blind", for sensor over loaded from bright light in the room. Neato Robotics has not published the meaning of the error codes.

If the lidar has failed completely with an apparent barrier close by, the electronics in the lidar, the lazer and PCB, could be defective. An entire new lidar is needed.

One other possibility is the lidar is not mounted level on the system board and is pointing down onto the case. This would occur from disassembling and reassembling the robot for service.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby doron » April 22nd, 2017, 6:35 am

Hi,

The Neato always work at starting good and after 20-30 minutes give a msg: Error 4000 or clear my path and it looks that sometimes it is start to confuse and clean areas twice,it is something that not happen in the past in the same location, the batteries are new, i clean the lidar and all the brushes.

Can it relate to Slip-Ring ? Is problem with Slip-Ring contacts Can cause incorrect mapping, i see that Neato replace it at BOTVAC.

When i need to check the lidar errors ? immediatily after give an error ? or it has error log file ?

Thanks,

Doron
doron

Postby glnc222 » April 22nd, 2017, 2:08 pm

The only way to know which part of the lidar is broken is to replace the parts and see if it works.
Lidar can be affected by the belt, the motor, the slip ring, and the laser itself and electronics.
The most common repair is motor and belt replacement, for unstable or incorrect spin speed. Sometimes it gets stuck and does not spin until pushed. Belt, motor, and slip ring can be at fault.

The battery might still be the problem if new as defective batteries have been supplied. It is unusual to have the lidar fail always after half an hour running correctly. If the lidar was broken it would not work at all, or fail randomly.
Does it always fail at the same place?
The battery should be examined at the time the unit fails, with the Neato Control Program, to see if prematurely exhausted.
If recharging the unit after the failure occurs allows it to run correctly again for half an hour, the battery would be the problem.
Or at the time of failure, switch off the battery and back on to reset the unit and see if it runs, without recharging.
How old is the unit?
Botvac uses a lidar from Vorwerk with some optical coupling for data but must have a slip ring for the power connections.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Lewiy » April 22nd, 2017, 10:45 pm

Normally the lidar farsightedness is up to 6 meters. If it decreased to 0.5 m, the laser energy is probably exhausted. It will take a replacement of the lidar in this case.
Lewiy
Robot Master

Postby doron » August 26th, 2017, 8:52 am

It is look that i solve the problem, i mechanical calibrate the Laser and the optical diode with neato control program ,i receive that the neato can reach to maximum distance of around 3meter (previous 60cm) and there is no msg "my vision is blocked".

be aware that the mechnical clibration is so sensitive, especially the optical diode so there are situations that the neato does not see anything !

I also insert a little OIL WD-40 IN THE MOTOR from the bottom side (the oil must not reach to the belt!).

i will update next if everything is OK.
doron

Return to Neato Robotics