Neato ESP8266 Remote control (www.neatoscheduler.com)

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Neato ESP8266 Remote control (www.neatoscheduler.com)

Postby Schwammal » August 4th, 2017, 3:34 pm

I installed the code on the nodemcu today and do have the same issue with the missing web server. The ESP opens a hotspot and is pingable but is not accessible by the GUI. I recognized that the code in github was not the latest one (1.5 vs 1.6) Any chance to get the latest 1.6 code to see if that solves the issue?

Cheers
Flo
Schwammal

Postby kobold » August 14th, 2017, 5:55 am

Schwammal wrote:I installed the code on the nodemcu today and do have the same issue with the missing web server. The ESP opens a hotspot and is pingable but is not accessible by the GUI. I recognized that the code in github was not the latest one (1.5 vs 1.6) Any chance to get the latest 1.6 code to see if that solves the issue?

Cheers
Flo

I had the same issue. To resolve it I commented out mDNS and connect to the device by IP.
kobold

Postby Schwammal » August 17th, 2017, 3:04 pm

I have tried that before with and without mDNS running in the code but was not successful. I have no idea why that is not working

Cheers
Flo
Schwammal

Postby t_kinesis » October 5th, 2017, 7:02 pm

I got a sample unit (thank you!!) and finally got it into my Neato recently. Things went pretty well at first even though the battery seemed to drain much faster than before. Just recently the clock changed from Central time to another time zone. I tried setting the clock on the Neato and changing my time zone setting on my profile at neatoscheduler.com. Any ideas about how else to fix this? Thanks!
t_kinesis

Postby hoopsta1423 » October 9th, 2017, 7:29 am

I'm getting an error when I try to delete a device from my profile on the neatoscheduler.com website

"Fatal error: Call to a member function bind_param() on a non-object in /var/www/neato/pages/myProfile.php on line 18"

Anybody else have that issue?
hoopsta1423

Postby swoby » October 11th, 2017, 10:45 am

Hello

I need your help:-)
When I upload the compiled program to ESP8266 via Arduino
After uploading, I see the Neato WiFi network.
I can join, the IP address of the server is 192.168.4.1, The administration page does not load. Ad via IP or "Neato.local".
After power off and I can not see the WiFi network anymore.
If I upload again through the Arduino program, I see again only once wifi network.
I tried to upload frimware over Python now...
esptool.py --port SERIAL-PORT-OF-ESP8266 write_flash -fm dio 0x00000 FIRMWARE-NAME.bin
The program is successfully uploaded, but I do not even see the WiFi network...:-(
What am I doing wrong?
I have ESP8266 12F
It must be first connected to the vacuum to see the network...?

Thank you for your help and the beautiful project

Swoby
swoby

Postby stiles » October 13th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Has anyone tried this on an XV-11? I have a few ESP12 laying in a drawer that I've been wanting to use :)

I'll see if I can find some time this weekend to wire one to my XV11 so that I can test the firmware. I assume once a sketch with OTA enabled has been pushed, we can push additional updates through the Arduino IDE? That would simplify firmware updates on my end if I need to troubleshoot XV-11 integration. I could also provide HawtDogFlvrWtr with a remote connection if you would be interested in adding support for the XV series?

Thanks
stiles

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics