D3 Connetced is dumb as a rock

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

D3 Connetced is dumb as a rock

Postby Astro » August 2nd, 2017, 9:38 am

I've had the D3 connected for about 3 weeks now, and when it runs right, it's great. But sometimes it gets lost, covers the same area again and again, or finishes one room, goes to another and comes back and starts the first room over. It can take 2 charges and 2 hours to clean 1200 SF because of it's goofiness. I did a hard reset, (right bumper and power for 10 seconds) and it got better. Now it's started taking off, and drives right into a wall and gets stuck. Sometimes it just runs along and stops, saying it's stuck when there is nothing within 5 feet of it. I've blown air through the turret, cleaned the side sensor and done another hard reset, but it's still not right.

Unfortunately, I bought it off Craigslist in a sealed box, and genuinely new, but have no receipt and can't get warranty work or return it. Can anyone help?
Astro

Re: D3 Connetced is dumb as a rock

Postby vic7767 » August 2nd, 2017, 12:25 pm

Download the "Neato Control" program: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18173
and see what you can discover.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Astro » August 2nd, 2017, 1:59 pm

I can't get my computer permission to extract all of the files, one of them it simply hangs up on. I have to admit, teh Russian(?) language makes it look a bit suspicious, but I tried anyway.
Astro

Postby glnc222 » August 2nd, 2017, 3:30 pm

Neato Control is widely used around the world and thoroughly multi-lingual with language selections on screen. The source code for the program is even included in the download package (though the particular development system would be needed to use). Something is unusual in your particular computer Windows not to decompress the files. There has never been such a report previously. The program is from a professional programmer just as a hobby for his robot.
Try some different versions of the program in links shown in the program thread. From time to time there can be errors in the posted material in Russia. There is a website shown in the package for the program at which bugs can be reported.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » August 2nd, 2017, 5:38 pm

Information shown in Neato Control is also available via text commands over USB, programming manual links top of forum and in Mods & Repairs list thread. Neato Control merely creates a graphical interface to these commands.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Astro » August 2nd, 2017, 5:44 pm

OK, this is all over my head. I downloaded the software, unzipped it, (worked on laptop #2) but the only executable file won't run.

I'm not a robotics person, just want my Neato to start acting right. Is there any thing I can check or look for?
Astro

Postby vic7767 » August 2nd, 2017, 6:18 pm

Not being a robotics person means that you will be very limited in creating any type of troubleshooting solution for your issue. What many have done in the past is to obtain another D3 so that you can swap parts to get one robot up and performing correctly.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » August 2nd, 2017, 7:34 pm

As to what to look for in the robot, there are unfortunately many different components which can contribute to failure, different possible defects. Thus there is no simple action related to the problem described -- which could be many different specific problems. Sometimes these things can be repaired -- by experts -- but sometimes the cost of major components makes it impractical as well. Such complex -- and expensive -- instruments are usually obtained with some warranty or return options at retailers. The very fact it was sold on Craigslist raises questions -- why did not the original owner return it?

[edit] The way failures in such devices is analyzed, is to examine the various components of the machine separately to test their operation apart from the original problem observed. Then if a defective part is found from tests it may be connected, indirectly to the original problem. Only in certain cases does some behavior indicate a particular likely defect. The main circuit board contains a computer, similar to a smartphone, and defects there can be handled only by replacing the main board entirely, which comprises most of the value in the unit. Also Neato Robotics does not sell spare parts like some appliance companies, except to their warranty repair agencies.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Medtech » August 16th, 2017, 4:19 am

Astro
You should fix the costs and sell the robot to Ebay as partially serviceable. Buy Xiaomi robot.
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics