Botvac not returning to base problem

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Botvac not returning to base problem

Postby Maulder » August 13th, 2017, 12:19 pm

My one-month-old Botvac Connected can not complete my whole house on one charge. When it needs to recharge it faithfully returns to its charging base to recharge. When it returns to finish cleaning it returns to where it left off and begins to clean. after a while, I hear it beep once. It pauses and resumes cleaning. At this point, it appears it no longer knows where it is. It will continue to go to the same places repeatedly until it needs to return to its base. Unfortunately, it never finds the base. Upon the next cleaning, the above scenario repeats itself.
Maulder

Re: Botvac not returning to base problem

Postby glnc222 » August 13th, 2017, 3:42 pm

When computer devices do not perform as specified some part is defective; there is no simple action customers can perform. They need to be repaired or replaced under warranty, or even under generous return policies of retailers when so new. It might be as simple as a defective battery, prematurely worn out, but who knows? (Power supply problems, involving several components, can cause computing errors and restarts, which might explain losing the house map as described.) On Botvac's, a Maxim Fuel Gauge IC has been replaced in some cases -- professionally the entire system board is replaced. Defective electronics wears out quickly, and is best to at least start off with a perfect unit. These robots are not made with the same high quality control found in other product categories.
glnc222
Robot Master

Re: Botvac not returning to base problem

Postby mfortuna » August 13th, 2017, 3:55 pm

Describe the layout of your cleaning area.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics