Neato vs Xiaomi Mi

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato vs MI

Neato is a better Vacum cleaner
50%
Mi is a better Vacum cleaner
No votes
they are the same
No votes
They both suck
50%
Have not tested both
No votes

Total votes : 2

Neato vs Xiaomi Mi

Postby 3kgt » August 19th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Hi all.
I have recently purchased an Mi robot after have owner Neato botvac for the past 3 years.
I would like to share my experience and as well ask for you experience and opinions.
This for sure might be different in different houses.
I have 50% wood and 50% mats

Neato Benefits
1: Bigger brushes, better in my opinion
2: Better at getting over carpets and higher areas, obstacles!
3: Bigger dustbin
4: I get more dust and Hair while using Neato vs Mi.
5: Suction feels stronger vs Mi at Max power when I put my hand behind the robot!?
6: Better with carpet.
7: I think that its more secure to dust entering its inside vs the Mi brush compartment.
8: Its square form vs the round.
9: Handle to pick it upp
10: The dust bin dose not gets blocked like the Mi where the dust have a tendency to stick to the middle after a couple of runs without cleaning it.

Mi Benefits
1: Smarter navigation
2: Smarter app
3: More friendly to furniture.
4: Much cheaper
5: Feels like good quality build

Overall the Mi is a great value for the money. But in my experience the Neato is a better vacuum cleaner. The Connected is dubbel the price here in Sweden.
Dunno how the Mi will hold with time?
What do you guys who have tested Both robots think?
Love robot vacums :)
Today: Neato Botvac 70E
Tested: Neato XV-14,15, Signature pro & Irobot 521,581, 630,650,780 + 2 Samsung modells + XV-25 + Scooba 230
3kgt
Robot Addict

Re: Neato vs Xiaomi Mi

Postby glnc222 » August 19th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Comparison video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2695UcliILI
Lot of Mi users in Germany on Roboter-Forum.com.
The major difference is Xiaomi's intake dragging on carpets where Neato can still navigate.
Overall comparison dubious, depends on what you want.
glnc222
Robot Master

Re: Neato vs Xiaomi Mi

Postby 3kgt » August 20th, 2017, 5:30 pm

glnc222 wrote:Comparison video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2695UcliILI
Lot of Mi users in Germany on Roboter-Forum.com.
The major difference is Xiaomi's intake dragging on carpets where Neato can still navigate.
Overall comparison dubious, depends on what you want.

Have seen that yotube video, its a good one. But sadly he dont mension the smaller brush, or softer brush blades ect.
I did 5 runs now with my MI. And its a great robot, but just not a good cleaner as Neato in my home.
The neato brush gets hair after every single run wich i do clean directly after. and the Mi dose hardly get 1-2 hairs if even that. and the neato dose get about 50% more dust/sh**.
i think its mostly cause of the larger brush + harder brush bristles.
And the Mi have harder time while its going on my carpet wich is about 1,3cm high and when the carpet ends and it goes on plain hard flour it makes some anoying sound while trying to get on the carpet again. Overall Neato can clim higher and feels more solid/heavy while cleaning.
But for the price of 3000 swedish kr vs about 7000 kr for a connected im keeping the mi untill connected price sinks and my econmy isint at its best now after travling for 42 days :D
Love robot vacums :)
Today: Neato Botvac 70E
Tested: Neato XV-14,15, Signature pro & Irobot 521,581, 630,650,780 + 2 Samsung modells + XV-25 + Scooba 230
3kgt
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics