Connected Electrical Issues

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Connected Electrical Issues

Postby bigEmoney54 » August 22nd, 2017, 8:26 pm

Hello all,
I am new to this board so thanks in advance for your help. I have a Connected, and am out of warranty. The bot when commanded to go on a "whole house clean" or a "spot clean" will pull out 2 feet from the base and cycle on and off. I have downloaded the Neato control application that heX has created. If I turn on the brush, then the vacuum, no problem. If I turn on the vacuum then brush it will kill the vacuum and only run the brush. If I turn on one wheel while any other motors are running it will shut off the other motors and only run the wheel. Any thoughts? I am no hardware or software genius but can follow directions well! Again, thanks in advance for any input.
bigEmoney54

Re: Connected Electrical Issues

Postby glnc222 » August 22nd, 2017, 8:54 pm

One possibility is a power supply issue, where with a sufficient load from multiple motors, voltage falls below that required to run, with various responses throughout the system. The fan is the highest load around twice the main brush. With no previous repairs reported, the system board would have to be replaced. Many different components could be involved. All assuming the battery is good to begin with. Servicing usually requires a spare battery.

Responses in Test Mode over USB can be different in software from the cleaning mode, where error conditions may have more responses and shut down the whole thing.

If curious you could observe the voltage to the motors, say on the fan lines, with a meter, as the load is increased. I don't know about Botvac, but on the XV's there seemed to be a common power supply to motors, which then spin only under an RPM control signal. Red wires to motors. The power line comes on when Test Mode is entered over USB, before commands to spin any motor. You might also observe battery voltage over USB during the changes, a little higher than the regulated motor supply.
glnc222
Robot Master

Re: Connected Electrical Issues

Postby Medtech » August 23rd, 2017, 4:16 am

It is worthwhile to check how the map is drawn in the SCAN tab
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics