Is there a firmware update for my Botvac D?

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Is there a firmware update for my Botvac D?

Postby Botchaser » September 1st, 2017, 9:48 am

I tried to search the forum but keep running into update threads for the older Neato or a connected unit. On the bottom of my Neato the tag there simply says my unit is a Botvac D series so I am not sure what number D series and hopefully someone can advice on how to get that info.

Is this unit able to have the firmware updated? IF so, can you point me to a thread detailing the process?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Jeff in Minnesota
New Neato 12/24/10
4 or 5 Roomba's over the years
Botchaser

Re: Is there a firmware update for my Botvac D?

Postby JEfromCanada » September 2nd, 2017, 6:05 am

As far as the differences in the D-series models, the basic unit is identical. Model number differences are based on the types and numbers of brushes and filters shipped with the unit.

As far as whether there have been any firmware updates, the Neato website indicates no software updates are available for any of the non-Connected series.
Current robots:
Roomba Discovery 4210 (R.I.P. - Freecycled)
Roomba 560 (retired)
Neato XV-11 SW version 3.1.17844, LDS version 2.6.15295, with Pet Brush and Vic's filter (sold)
Neato Botvac 80 SW version 1.1.97, LDS version 2.6.15295, Board SW version 22753
JEfromCanada
Robot Addict

Re: Is there a firmware update for my Botvac D?

Postby glnc222 » September 2nd, 2017, 3:35 pm

This is as it should be. Unlike the XV which had a number of updates for perfecting the software, it is finally done with the first Botvac's. The WiFi models get some updates mainly for complications of the new WiFi software. New functionalities are supplied only on new models, without selling software separately for old units -- common practice in digital electronics. Old units might not have the required hardware anyway, or if just different presents additional programming costs with little effect on sales.
Unlike something like a printer, which interacts with other things and software changing, a single function robot will not need updates as much. The WiFi functions get back into that interaction world again, with little connection to cleaning operations.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics