Brand new D3 keeps rebooting itself.

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Brand new D3 keeps rebooting itself.

Postby scatpack » September 23rd, 2017, 2:31 pm

Ive been talking to support about this but they are slow to respond and have no idea whats going on.

Here is what happens:
D3 Connected (connected to app/wifi)
Hit start
It will run and randomly suddenly stop, without hitting anything - even in the middle of a open room. It stops (green light on) and about 10seconds later it will play the startup chime. Before the chime, the buttons/app do not respond. After the chime, hit start and it will run again (green light solid and now blue light solid). It will run again.. and eventually do it again. Ive already reseated the bin and the battery. The battery has been completely drained and recharged. This is a BRAND NEW D3, that replaced my last D3 that died. I could return it to the store, but they are out of stock AND i know they will give me a hassle because I just returned my old one!

Anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix this?
scatpack

Re: Brand new D3 keeps rebooting itself.

Postby vic7767 » September 23rd, 2017, 4:28 pm

There may be an issue with the power control board inside the Lithium pack that powers your D3. Do you have a way to discharge the pack with a 2 amp load while monitoring the dc output voltage looking for when the voltage is cutoff?
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby scatpack » September 23rd, 2017, 4:30 pm

Hmm.. interesting. I have no way of monitoring unfortunately.
scatpack

Postby vic7767 » September 23rd, 2017, 4:59 pm

One more thing to consider. The battery connection consists of a plug and jack. It may be possible there is a poor connection between them. A close inspection will be necessary to verify each lead makes good contact with its mate.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby scatpack » September 23rd, 2017, 5:02 pm

I unplugged the battery pack from the jack and reseated it, but still have the issue. It happens every time the vac is run.

I don't think its totally losing power because when it does stop, the light stays on green. And then it reboots (plays song)
scatpack

Postby ems » August 7th, 2018, 4:30 pm

This is an old post, so I'm sorry to bump it, but I'm having the same issue and in case others search this I want them to know it's something other folks are dealing with.

My D3 will reboot at random while cleaning, and occasionally while on the charging base (I'll hear the start up noise). Sometimes the reboot will happen 30 seconds after start, sometimes as long as 2 minutes.

What happens is that the D3 will stop, sometimes leaving the vacuum active and sometimes not. After about 30 seconds of it sitting stationary the start up noise plays. During the entire process the green light stays solid, it never falters. As far as I can tell the battery pack connection is firmly seated.

I have yet to get a complete cleaning run of a single room.

Unfortunately it needs to go back... simply does not work, hopefully defective and a replacement will work better.
ems

Return to Neato Robotics