Neato Botvac Connected Software Update v4

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato Botvac Connected Software Update v4

Postby bob61 » December 14th, 2017, 7:55 am

I woke up this morning, saw that my Botvac Connected D5 had a software update, version 4 (4.0.0-1632). According to the information the update this now includes a map that shows the cleaning coverage. There was also an update to the Neato App, the app needs to be updated as well to make use of the mapping feature. The Neato updated without any issue. I haven't run my Neato since the update yet.
bob61

Re: Neato Botvac Connected Software Update v4

Postby bob61 » December 14th, 2017, 10:52 am

I had my Bot run through a cleaning cycle, once complete the app displayed the map of the cleaning coverage.

I also noticed that the run time was about 7 min lower than it had previously taken, so this update may also improved on it's navigation.

I had just bought my D5 a few weeks ago, got a great deal post Black Friday. It's a huge improvement over my previous 6 year old VX! From all I read I wasn't expecting the Connected D5 to add this feature, people commenting it wouldn't have enough memory, etc. Well it's working ... Nice addition by Neato.
Attachments
neato_map_2017-14-12-09-53-15.png
bob61

Postby calypso » December 14th, 2017, 2:44 pm

calypso

Postby johnnyh » December 14th, 2017, 7:01 pm

My D5 just got it yesterday! Image
johnnyh
Robot Groupie

Postby cyrus104 » December 31st, 2017, 1:36 am

Version 4, what version was it before?

Also is the software numbering the same and the Botvac Connected? Hopefully my model is in for a software update.
cyrus104

Postby Tfranzen » January 11th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Does the botvac Connected support no-go lines in the new software 4.0?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Tfranzen

Postby Tfranzen » January 12th, 2018, 2:53 am

Tfranzen wrote:Does the botvac Connected support no-go lines in the new software 4.0?

I answer myself!
Botvac Connected supports only v2.2.0, not V4.0

Was on the chat with Neato, and they told me it’s only D7 who has that feature.

Perhaps the botvac Connected is better Than my d85 to clean a thick rug?

Tfranzen

Postby Miles267 » March 17th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Does anyone know whether the new Neato Connected D7 shows real-time progress via the iOS app when connected via wi-if? Or must you wait until cleaning cycles has been completed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miles267

Postby Miles267 » March 22nd, 2018, 8:53 am

Since receiving my D7, can answer my own question: no, real-time cleaning progress is not reported. Instead you must wait until after a cleaning cycle has completed.
Miles267

Postby dcheng0917 » May 28th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Miles267 wrote:Since receiving my D7, can answer my own question: no, real-time cleaning progress is not reported. Instead you must wait until after a cleaning cycle has completed.

Hi Miles267,
I am a 1st gen Connected user for like 2 years. There are 2 questions that my wife and I will deeply appreciate if we may ask from your experience with D7:
1. We have been bothered by the interruption of “trash bin leaded stop” in the past year. From product info, I can tell the same sensor/s has been removed from 2nd gen Cinnected D7. Is it true from your trial?
2. In the mean time, do you think how gentle the D7 has been treating your furnitures and walls? Since upgrade to latest v2.2.0 for cleaning map support, my connected was kinda “rude” and reflect what users reported here.

-Dave
dcheng0917

Postby Miles267 » May 28th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Hi Dave, if I understand your questions correctly:
1.) I’ve not yet observed a bin full message. Either I’ve not yet achieved a full bin OR there isn’t such a sensor in the D7. However I have noticed an option in the Neato iOS app that allows you to configure the frequency at which you’re alerted to empty the bin, replace the filter and/or brush.
2.) seems the D7 has been mostly agile. However there’s a gentle mode depicted by a butterfly that, when enabled, I notice a marked improvement in the gentleness of the D7. It works very well.
Please let me know if I’m misunderstanding and I’m glad to test exactly what you need. Happy Memorial Day!

Miles267

Postby dcheng0917 » May 28th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Miles267 wrote:Hi Dave, if I understand your questions correctly:
1.) I’ve not yet observed a bin full message. Either I’ve not yet achieved a full bin OR there isn’t such a sensor in the D7. However I have noticed an option in the Neato iOS app that allows you to configure the frequency at which you’re alerted to empty the bin, replace the filter and/or brush.
2.) seems the D7 has been mostly agile. However there’s a gentle mode depicted by a butterfly that, when enabled, I notice a marked improvement in the gentleness of the D7. It works very well.
Please let me know if I’m misunderstanding and I’m glad to test exactly what you need. Happy Memorial Day!

Hi Mile267,

Thank you so much for your detail firstly!
And oops... I didn’t explain my 1st question clearly enough, sorry about that. There are at least 2 sensor set/s in the 1st gen Connected:
1. The 1st is the one I am asking: “Please put my trash bin back” meaning that it sense the dirty bin has been “knocked out” or removed from its vacuum cleaning service position after some situation, like bumping into other objects or manually clean the dirty bin and put it back not firmely enough.
2. The 2nd set is what you are answering: The dirty bin full sensor. This one has been removed from D7 comparing to 1st gen.
So nice to hear that there is with indeed “gentle” mode inside D7 SW. I may need to choose to leave the 1st gen Connected as it is(downgrade to v2.0 without cleaning map or stay at v2.2.0 rude mode!)or getting another D7 for this! Tough call!

-Dave
dcheng0917

Postby Miles267 » May 28th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Sorry Dave. I had misunderstood. Yes, it seems the D7 does detect when the dust bin has been removed and emits a tone. Though I’ve not attempted to remove it while the robot is in the process of cleaning. I’ll have to try that and see whether the robot will stop until it’s re-inserted.

Miles267

Postby dcheng0917 » May 28th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Thanks Miles267, do appreciate your coming result and proactive input~
dcheng0917

Return to Neato Robotics