Neato Botvac D3 Dead

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato Botvac D3 Dead

Postby vhardono » January 1st, 2018, 12:06 am

My D3 robot just dead after a week using the latest v4 firmware, although it never give me any problem previously.

Both lights indicator (blue & green) will blinking alternately for about 20 seconds, after that only the green light (battery) will light for about 1 minute before it's turned off by itself.
After pressing the only button for few seconds, and press again the same button, the whole process above will repeat.

Can't find any workable solution right now as mostly to troubleshoot botvac xv and connected by using USB cable connected to PC to "wake up" the robot, but it doesn't work as well for my D3.

Anyone able to help me with this issue please...... thanks!!
vhardono

Re: Neato Botvac D3 Dead

Postby Zochstar » July 14th, 2018, 9:58 am

I have the exact same issue. Can’t figure out what to do.
Zochstar

Postby dc! » September 29th, 2018, 11:25 pm

@zochstar @vhardono did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue.
dc!

Postby glnc222 » September 30th, 2018, 7:31 pm

The Botvac system board has not been traced as much as the old XV boards, no longer a new thing to interest engineers. But using the USB connection to wake up the robot was part of the symptoms of a defective electrolytic power filter capacitor -- the little cans -- for powering the memory, likely 3v, in the cpu section. The unusual thing happening was the memory power at start up came on a bit late, in microsecond terms, and the cpu starting faster saw an empty memory, causing it to revert to firmware upload mode to fill the memory... Analysis courtesy Russian engineers. Sometimes a USB connection would restart the cpu so it would then see the proper memory, sometimes not with more severe defects. Lot of replacements of the C10 capacitor on XV's fixed that problem. You might be able to find the similar capacitor on the Botvac board by looking along the low voltage cpu power supply lines, found with a volt meter. Professional service would just replace the entire system board, as it is designed for -- no component level repairs are economical commercially.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics