Micro USB connector on Botvac D5???

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Micro USB connector on Botvac D5???

Postby elfamosorafo » April 15th, 2018, 3:02 pm

So I retired my 7 year old XV-11 and got a D5. AWESOME!!! :dance: :dance: .... I noticed that it has a micro USB connector and it also came with the Male micro USB to Female USB Cable. Mistake maybe, since they(Neato) claims there is no use for it and the the upgrade for the D7 is not compatible with the D5? Has anybody had any luck installing the D7 firmware so that the D5 may also have the "No Go Lines"? I attempted various searches on the internet and on these forums regarding the subject but no luck. As always, my apologies if this topic already exists..... :D :D
Forget TALK, Show Me PROOF...
elfamosorafo

Re: Micro USB connector on Botvac D5???

Postby glnc222 » April 15th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Only in the early days years ago of first developing the robot software were new features distributed to older model vacuums. For some time it has been industry practice to supply major new features only on new models. Their thinking behind this practice has never been revealed, and there are many possibilities. Software is a major component of investment in such products. They do not even sell software as a separate item. Robots are not the only hardware product subject to this practice.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics