Neato connected shut off during charging

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato connected shut off during charging

Postby Inediblebulk » May 6th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Hi,
I got a neato connected which will shut off during charging. Neato will shut off when the battery is around 60+% charged.

I thought it was a battery issue(around 2.5years) so i got a new replacement battery and faced the same problem.

Neato will vacuum normally and return to charge. It would charge until 60+% and shut down. I would have to manually restart and charging will resume until full.

When the battery level is above 60+%(spot cleaning), it will charge to full with no problem.

What would be the likely cause of it? I have tried rebooting and turning the power switch on/off.
Inediblebulk

Re: Neato connected shut off during charging

Postby someoneclever » May 7th, 2018, 5:28 am

Do you mean a full shutdown, or do the lights just turn off? When you see the problem again, press the "clean house" button. How long does it take to start up again?
someoneclever
Robot Addict

Postby Inediblebulk » May 8th, 2018, 5:48 am

Its a full shut down. I need to press and hold for a few secs before it would start up.

Charging is stopped when it shut down
Inediblebulk

Postby someoneclever » May 8th, 2018, 5:57 am

Similar things have occurred with other people's robots. Neato robots aren't very reliable, there are lots of well known problems.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76CqRWlCyCQ
shows a similar problem.

I'd recommend just purchasing another robot or replacing the motherboard.
someoneclever
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics